Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (11.03.12) - Happy Halloween!

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog, At Home With Books.

So apparently it's been two months since I participated in this meme and I know I've been a little scarce with other posts, as well. I've been keeping busy with work and other things the last couple of months, but I HAVE been keeping up with reading so I hope to get around to posting some reviews very soon. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from Halloween earlier this week, enjoy!

My little Sweet Pea in her Halloween outfit. I'm not a big believer in taking kids trick-or-treating when they're too little to really eat the candy, so we haven't done an official Halloween costume yet. Next year!

 I didn't dress in costume, myself, this year. But being naturally pale is helpful so I at least did my makeup appropriately and wore all black (with a fun Gothic necklace) ;-)

 Peek-a-BOO!

This child HATES bows in her hair. She got this one after first reaching up to the wrong side :-)

Reading books together.

Happy Saturday, y'all! Enjoy the weekend!

12 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie, Melissa. Love your gothic necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable shots! My favorites are always the little kids in costumes. I am sharing Halloween stuff today, too, at MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. great necklace!! You totally look gothic. Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! Don't feel alone. I've hardly posted anything except memes lately. I really must get back into the swing of things.

    Here's my Saturday Snapshot. Hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always dresses up to hand out candy - I think it's a lot of fun. Your little Sweet Pea looks ready for some trick-or-treating.

    Lisa @ Alive on the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to dress our kiddos up when they were small and then eat their trick-or-treat candy (because they didn't know the difference). :) They definitely have more fun now that they are older though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little Sweet Pea is adorable. I didn't take our son out until he was old enough to eat candy either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha fun times! Although the too-young-for-candy thing might mean more candy for you, no? Just saying. My kids are all too old for trick or treating any more - I miss raiding their candy bags :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little pants with the different leg patterns ...just sweet as can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look very cute dressed up for Halloween. And I love, love, love Put Me in the Zoo. I have a distinct visual memory of those dots from my own childhood, so very long ago. Great to see it still in use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. I love the little Halloween outfit -- celebratory without being a costume.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. She has gotten so BIG! So precious! Love your outfit, too! My skin is too pale to be nice and healthy tan looking and not pale enough to look milky creamy. I just look sick most of the time! lol

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)