Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TEASER TUESDAYS: Fractured by Karen E. Hoover


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! (If you're on Goodreads, I've included a button to add the book to your list just below the teaser!)

If there is one author who can get me out of a blogging drought, it is Karen E. Hoover. I can't promise that I will get back to totally regular blogging, yet, but I enjoy her books so much and always want to support her when she has a new release. She asked me if I'd be willing to read and review her upcoming release, Fractured (Newtimber Book #1), and I just couldn't say no! The official launch is coming up on June 21st, but I thought I would have a little fun and share a teaser today! And since I rarely can stick to the two-sentence rule, you are getting the opening paragraph from me...



The cold wall pressed against my back, sucking away the warmth, the sleeping bag beneath me the only padding between my butt and the broken concrete floor as I loaded my paint guns with special balls I’d made with an oil-based color. This wouldn’t come off as easily as the regular toy ammunition, and I had decent capacity with these guns. Between the two of them, I could shoot five hundred paintballs with machine-gun-like speed. Well, almost.

~ Kindle Locations 70-73 of Fractured by Karen E. Hoover





Seriously, Karen's books are always a fun read. Not to mention I am really digging this cover! Be on the look-out for my review of Fractured, coming up on release day! If you're curious, you can check out my past reviews of a couple of her other books:

34 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back!!! Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! :-D I am going to *try* to be a little more regular on the blog. At least posting a couple of times a week, but we will see. It's been tough to get in a blogging mood these days...

      Delete
  2. Ooh that sounds messy - a great teaser, thanks for visiting my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was messy and served her purpose! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Nice to have you back doing Teaser Tuesday! This one sounds like a great read :D
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to get back to doing this more regularly :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad you have those go to books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It definitely helps with the slumps! ;-) Thank you for stopping by my teaser!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read this author, but this does sound exciting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is new to me, but the Teaser definitely has me intrigued!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- I thought it was a fun teaser to share. :-) Thank you for stopping by here, as well!

      Delete
  7. That's so exciting for you! Reading and reviewing a book by an author you admire and like so much! Jealous... :)

    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely nice to have a go-to author!

      Delete
  8. Looks like it could be the start of a promising series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser -- consider me intrigued. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to do the whole paintball thing. This looks adorable and I love that cover! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds interesting. Wonder who she's going to shoot. And why she wants the paint to be harder to get off. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Laura @ Through Raspberry Colored Glasses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds exciting! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Great game, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like someone is about to get marked for life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe!! Sounds like a lot of fun! nice tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although I like the cover, and it sounds like it could be a good book, I am not overkeen on the first person narratives in books. I will look out for your review though. Thanks for coming to my page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cover! And the teaser promises a good read :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser! I love that cover :) Thanks for stopping by Shut Up & Read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the cover too. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about your blogging drought. Hope you're still enjoying lots of books. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like she takes her paintball seriously! Hope you enjoy the book! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wouldn't want to get in her way! Thanks for stopping by mine yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun teaser! Makes me want to go paint balling, haha. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the heads up on the freebie!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good choice of teasers! I've seen her other books, but have never read them. This makes me want to.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)