Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - The Second Empress


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Well, this week's teaser is going to be a few sentences because two sentences from Michelle Moran's books just can't do her dialogues justice. :-)

This is an exchange between Napoleon and his sister, Pauline:

"I want you and my new wife to become good friends," my brother says.

"Oh, we'll be very close, I'm sure."

He gives me a sideways glance. "You will not bait her, Pauline. You will not treat her the way you treated Josephine."

"Beauharnaille was a liar."

"And Marie-Louise is a princess.  A real princess, with eight centuries of Hapsburg blood in her veins. And if it's a choice between her and you," he warns, "then I will choose her."

~ page 81 of The Second Empress by Michelle Moran

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding to my TBR pile, great teaser! Check out my TT @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical fiction, and this book sounds like a winner.
    My Teaser is from A LOT LIKE A LADY.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)