Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (09.01.12) - More Random Vacation Shots

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog, At Home With Books.

There are always lots of wildflowers growing in the mountains, though by the time we went, many of them were past their blooming season. I did get a few pictures of some on that eventful drive to Roan Mountain, as well as some other pictures I took around our vacation house. Here are a few pictures of flowers and more and the obligatory picture of Sweet Pea ;-)

Daisies are EVERYWHERE in the mountains of NC, but I did think this one was particularly pretty.

No idea what this is, but I thought they were pretty.

This little guy isn't floating in midair, but his web didn't show up in the picture at all. He turned out to look iridescent from the flash of my camera, but I don't feel like that shows up too well here.

Some kind of toadstool. In person, it almost looked like a stump of wood.

Laura appears to be ready for football season... TOUCHDOWN!! (It's hard to have a picture taken with her these days -- she just wants to keep moving, haha!)

Happy Saturday!!

17 comments:

  1. Daisies are my favorite! Laura, haha she's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures - glad I'm not the only person who takes photos of plants and doesn't know what they are! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/UR1qO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love daisies! That second flower looks familiar, but I don't know its name.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful photos! Daisies make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried taking a picture of a web too but not much luck! Spider picture is dramatic it looks like floating in air. Love the daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Laura - I'm glad football season is back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love daisies, and that is a great picture of one! Your little munchkin is so cute, have fun watching football and good luck keeping up with her! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. It's really cool how the spider looks like it's floating. Not a bad thing that the web isn't showing up.

    Yes, your little one is definitely at the age where sitting still is SO hard.....


    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures Melissa. Enjoy your adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place to vacation! The mountains of North Carolina are just so beautiful! Your little girl is full of energy and just as lovely as that daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisies are my favorite flower, so I really like that photo! I thought the toadstool looked a bit like a stump too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had daisies in my wedding bouquet, even if it was September. Love their simplicity. Your little one is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo of the two of you. The spider pic is awesome too. How did you get the camera to focus on the spider and not the background? Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your photos are great, but I really love the spider. It does look like it's floating!

    Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The spider looks like he is in free fall. If you had the camera set on auto it thinks it's doing you a favor by blurring the background, so you don't see the web. I kinda like it this way, it accents the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos, I'm with Leslie, I really like the blurred background in the spider shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful pictures of nature, and the little one at least looks like she is happy and having fun. So that is all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)