Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: Inside Out


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

To tell you the truth, I have had a difficult time finding a suitable teaser from this book. Most 2-4 line passages don't have enough context to make sense, but I finally found something that worked!

"Hold on. The Trava takeover?" I asked. "The Travas have always been in charge."

"No, they haven't. The Travas want the scrubs to believe that, and they're hoping eventually, with enough generations born, the uppers will forget they ever had a say in the running of inside."

~ page 54 of Inside Out (eBook edition that includes Outside In) by Maria V. Snyder

6 comments:

  1. Sounds very political.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, great teaser. Check out mine @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do have this one on the stack! Great teaser. I want to get to this one...since I have it here. :) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Maria V. Snyder. I think the only series I haven't read of hers (yet) is the Glass series. I enjoy her fantasy novels more, but I still really enjoyed this series. I even helped my daughter name her Easter present Sheepy after I read these books. You'll see what I mean if you haven't already gotten to that part. :) Thanks for sharing & for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you think of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good teaser! I never read this author but heard many great things.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)