Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (08.11.12): VACATION!!

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog, At Home With Books.

So last week I completely forgot to post a snapshot. Today I am heading to the mountains of North Carolina for vacation. Unfortunately, due to schedule conflicts with his job, my hubby is not able to go, so Laura and I will be heading out on our own to the family vacation house with my parents. I have really been looking forward to this week away, though I hate that we have to leave the hubster behind. (We are hoping to take a trip back to NC together in the Fall.) I'm in the process of scheduling a few posts (including this one) and tweets so that I don't completely fall off the map for a week. ;-)

This is what I will be enjoying for the next several days:

Though the trees have grown up so much you don't really have this much visibility, this used to be part of the view from the deck of our family's house. Now you pretty much have to be on the roof of the house or brave the steep bank up behind the house to see anything like this.

This view is at Roan Mountain National park. It has been several years (I'm thinking nine?) since we last went here, but we are planning a return visit complete with picnic lunch. Should be interesting carrying along Laura this time!

This is along the path to that view above. I've always really liked this picture!

Hope you all have a great week... I hope to have lots of fun pictures to share on future Saturday Snapshot posts!!

18 comments:

  1. I love your pic of the path through the forest - so idyllic with the dappled light and winding path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to spend time --so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, Have a great, relaxing trip. I love the North Carolina mountains. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. There is nothing like a mountain vacation! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That path through the forest is my favorite...I can imagine it leading to beautiful or scary places...but it definitely could illustrate a story.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. The path looks so inviting - have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like nature photos! Love mountain shots!


    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous it is there! Have a fabulous trip!
    Those pics make me a bit tired of the HOT Texas plains!
    Here is my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the looks of it you are going to have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those views look so serene and relaxing! I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your views. It will be good to go there and relax. I remember sitting on a mountain near Colorado Springs one year and thinking of how high I was compared to where we lived back home. I also felt the peace there. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures, it looks a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The view is amazing and I love the last picture big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have good reason to love those pictures, they're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely views...Happy weekending♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful!! I hope you are having an amazing time and I look forward to seeing your new photos when you return. It's too bad hubby can't go but it's nice you can be with your parents. And good for you for making more plans in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks really beautiful. Been away from a week, so I'm catching up. My Saturday Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/a62PX

    ReplyDelete
  18. What amazing scenery you are venturing into, Melissa. Oh, I envy you.
    Everything, the view, the vista, the pathway -- it is just to die for!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)