Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Shameless Plug

Wow, it has been WAY too long since I've written a Sunday Salon post. I don't know quite what happened to cause me to fall so far out of the book blogging world and the fun memes and outlets like TSS... But there's no time like the present to remedy this!

Over the last few weeks I have been slowly getting back into regular reading. I've been fortunate to read several books that I have really enjoyed to start the year. My favorite so far? Probably The Sapphire Flute by Karen E. Hoover. There are many upcoming books I am excited about this year, as well, as you've probably seen from my "Waiting On" Wednesday posts. Yes, 2010 looks to be a promising year for books I want to devour!

By now you may be wondering what I meant by titling my post as a "shameless plug." Well, like several other book bloggers, I decided to start a fan page for Melissa's Bookshelf on Facebook. I thought it might be a good outlet for bookish discussions and a better forum for my Networked Blogs feed. After having been in a bit of a reading slump I really want to try to get back to consistent activity with this blog in 2010! So, for those of you who are on Facebook, please consider following this link and becoming a fan!

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing you guys on Facebook! Happy Reading!
Signature

2 comments:

  1. I will need to look up The Sapphire Flute well follow your link when I am finished typing my comments. There is nothing wrong with a plug, no shame at all. I rarely use FB, I hardly have time the my blog, reading, email and twitter.
    If you get time and are interested my Sunday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/sunday-salon-21-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added you on Facebook. I haven't set up a page for my blog - just not sure anyone would care. lol

    I've given you an award at http://librarygirlreads.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-award-humane-award.html

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)