Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Strange Fate

Book cover
Strange Fate (Night World #10) by L. J. Smith. Release Date: July 6, 2010.

Synopsis

The Night World is all around us. The creatures of the Night World--vampires, werewolves, witches and shapeshifters--live among us. They are incredibly beautiful. And they are incredibly deadly. According to the laws of the Night World, humans are never to learn that the Night World exists. And members of the Night World are never to fall in love with a human. But the apocalypse is drawing near. And the Night World and the human world are about to collide in a cataclysmic way.

Sarah Strange is a normal teenager with annoying siblings and a crush on two boys, Mal and Kierlan, who happen to be her best friends. But Sarah also has visions. Visions of a place where dragons darken the sky and feast on humans who have been bred for their consumption. Sarah is devastated by her glimpses into this dark world. But she's inspired by the young girl she befriends in her visions…


When Sarah confides the content of her visions to Mal and Kierlan, she discovers that her friends are not what they seem to be. They are part of the Night World. And they believe Sarah has a special place in their world. She must help prevent the apocalypse with others who seek peace and harmony between humans and creatures of the Night World. And if Sarah’s visions are any indication of the danger, destruction and devastation that the apocalypse will bring, there is no time to lose.


Well, Strange Fate is the ultimate "Waiting On" Wednesday book, because I have been waiting over a DECADE for this book to be published. Just ask my mother, who would always hear about my excitement when a supposed release date would be announced for this book. Admittedly, I am a bit wary of what it will be like, given Smith's return to The Vampire Diaries left a lot to be desired for me. Nevertheless, I will be so thrilled to finally have closure to this series--this is definitely the most anticipated book of 2010 for me!
Signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that this one is finally coming out for you to finish up the series :D

    I still haven't read anything else by Smith other than TVD. I definitely plan on reading her other books though.

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never imagined I would have to wait so long for this series to come to a conclusion. I just hope it fits in with the preceding stories!!! Hope you get a chance to read more LJS soon!

    Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so excited about this book, too! Ten years of waiting; I hope it's good. I'll even take decent at this point. :P

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)