Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Snapshot: A Recent Sunset

Saturday Snapshot was started by Alyce from At Home With Books and is now hosted by West Metro Mommy. To participate in Saturday Snapshot, post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at West Metro Mommy's blog.  Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
A couple of weeks ago I was sitting outside on our patio (which I've become a bit obsessed with this year -- it's been my go-to spot when the weather permits and I have the time to just sit and read or relax) and witnessed a gorgeous sunset. As it progressed, I just sat and took pictures as the colors changed and the cloud formation progressed across the sky...

Here's the start...

And here's where it really started looking interesting...

And this was the most colorful shot I was able to get...

Time to go get the dollbaby out of bed so we can start our three day weekend together. I'll be back to visit your posts soon! Happy Saturday and I hope you are able to enjoy the holiday weekend! Many thanks to our armed forces who have fought for us to enjoy freedom and holiday weekends like this one. Your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated and respected.

19 comments:

  1. You have a great view of the sky and the neighborhood, too, from your patio. It must be lovely to sit there and enjoy. Thanks for the show today...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful...such delicate colors. Thanks for sharing this, Melissa. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky put on quite a show for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I always have a hard time doing sunsets justice on film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sunset. I love sunsets, but it is so built up where we are you never get a vie. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/hfGhV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Great that you'd taken them as a series so we can see the gradual change in hue. I look forward to more nature photos from you right out your doorstep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light reflected off the clouds is gorgeous! And so amazing how different the sky looked at different times during one single evening. Beautiful!

    I announced my summer reading challenge today - it's very low-key - you only need to read at least one book over 400 pages this summer to participate. It was a lot of fun last year - check it out!

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend -

    Sue

    Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots -- very peaceful! :) -beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Patience gave you three gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sunsets and all their changes in color. How fun for you to capture the transition. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Nature can be incredibly beautiful. I see God in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great series of pretty skies! Love all the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have a hard time leaving that chair with the sky looking like that. Great photos. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice that you have a clear view. I have all kinds of structures and utility lines in the way. I can understand patio obsession. I love to sit on my deck and relax and pretend I'm at a nice resort!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring and autumn sunsets are pretty special aren't they? Looks like you have the perfect place for viewing them too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful sunset! Thanks for taking part in Saturday Snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, I would spend lots of time there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous!! Nature is amazing when we take the time to appreciate it. Hope you had a terrific weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)