Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Blogging Experiment

I am starting to wonder--OK, perhaps I've been wondering for awhile now--if I have become obsessed with blogs. It's not as if I read them every waking moment or search for blogs to add to my reading list... I simply have a few I like to follow and occasionally explore others to see if I'm missing out on anything. Secretly, I wish more people I knew wrote blogs because it's such a great--albeit antisocial--way to keep up with what people are doing.

So by now you may be asking, what the heck is your point, Melissa?! Well, my point is that I love to read. And I love to blog. And while I had a failed attempt at keeping up a second blog on recipes (I simply got bored with it-same formula day after day), I thought I'd give it another whirl. This time I'm toying with a book review blog. Makes good sense, huh? It also just might be the thing to get me back on track with my own desire and goal to write a book (OK, I want to write a BESTSELLING book--aim high, right?). My main blog didn't quite make that become a reality--it simply turned into an update blog so that friends and loved ones could keep tabs on me. Sadly, I suppose that's very narcissistic of me to assume that so many people would be concerned with my life and would anxiously await the next installment of my daily doings. This new blog will be an attempt to relay useful information and perhaps generate some thoughtful discussion of favorite books.

Because I love to read. Have I mentioned that? And this blog will give me the perfect excuse to re-read old favorites and perhaps expand my tastes (not to mention my "library"). I sincerely hope that those of you who stumble across this blog (or are specifically directed to it) will leave recommended reading and comments on my posts. I intend to be on here often, though I'm not making any promises as to the frequency of posting. Unfortunately, being an adult in the "real world" often limits how much I am able to read, but I do intend to post reviews with some kind of regularity.

That said, keep an eye out for my first review, coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community! It's always great to find someone who loves books. And reading blogs can be addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your reviews! I am fairly new to the book blogging community myself, but I have loved getting to know others and building my TBR library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Molly! I enjoy your blog, too--as I'm sure you saw from my blog roll. I have to say the book blogging community is a fun one--very welcoming! :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)