Sunday, February 22, 2009

Piles and Piles of Books

Oh my goodness... So many books to read, so little time! I've spent a good bit of time this weekend catching up on blogs in my reader, since I've subscribed to so many over the last few days. I've added so many books to my reading list, it's crazy! So I thought I'd share what I have coming up on my list.


TBR (these are books I currently have waiting for me to open them and devour the pages):
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Sookie Stackhouse Boxed Set (7 books) by Charlaine Harris
Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie
Guilty by Ann Coulter
Simple Genius by David Baldacci
False Impressions by Jeffrey Archer
Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins
Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Aesop's Fables

Thanks to Dar for reminding me not to forget my Classics Challenge titles--a small oversight on my part! :-)


Books I Want To Get My Hands On (thanks to all the blogs I've been reading):
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Lord Loss (Demonata Book 1) by Darren Shan
Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
Vampire Academy (Book 1) by Richelle Mead
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson
The Banishment by Marion Chesney
Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Solarz
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Need by Carrie Jones
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Angels' Blood (due out 3/3/09) by Nalini Singh
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong
The Terror by Dan Simmons
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.


Phew! And I'm sure I've probably forgotten books, not to mention the fact that if I get hooked on some of these that are first in a series, my list will grow exponentially!


Anyway, I'd just like to thank all the bloggers out there whose posts I've enjoyed, and who've welcomed me so warmly into the book blogging community. I already feel right at home and look forward to getting to know you all better!

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the pile of books you have there. Don't forget the ones for the Classics Challenge too. I really want to get back to the Sookie Stackhouse series. I still have to buy the last few--I think I only have 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I add one more to your list?
    When you're done with "Peter Pan" I recommend the Pan adventure based on Barrie's own idea for more:

    http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)