Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Note to Publishers and Authors

Greetings! My apologies to those of you to whom I have promised reviews that have not yet been written. Please know that you and your books have not been forgotten; I have simply been swamped at work and have fallen far behind with my reading and reviewing. Rest assured that your books will be reviewed as soon as I possibly can, and I will contact you when the review has been posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

One additional note: I am really cutting back on the number books that I take for review at this time. Because my schedule is so hectic, it is not fair for me to accept a book to review and then not manage to get to it within a reasonable amount of time. Of course, exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis, but I simply want to be fair to all of you!

I am hopeful that my schedule will normalize a bit in the next month or two and that you will see more reviews coming soon!
Signature

5 comments:

  1. Life does get in the way of reading, huh? I hope things even out for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I never imagined how far behind I would fall with my blogging :-( But one day I'll get caught up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who works full-time and has a killer commute I totally understand where you're coming from. I had to stop taking in ARCs as well as it was just too stressful to keep up. Hope things calm down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all gets a bit overwhelming doesn't it?

    I am only taking my specific genre of Europe-related Historical fiction and non-fiction now. Which definitely helps, and the mailwoman is happier with me these days. But I still have a backload of previous requests that is holdng me back from feeling like I am getting anywhere.

    I also work full-time, have two young kids and a husband to pay attention to, so my reading time is not abundant. didn't want to make this comment about my but wanted to reiterate that I feel your pain!
    I hope your job is going well for you and that you are happy there!
    THAT is what is important, your blog will be waiting for you when you get to it.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get very few arc's and yet I am always several book reviews behind...I have to slow down and do the review before I start a new book yet I hate to have blogging get in the way of reading??? hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)