Thursday, February 28, 2013

Booking Through Thursday: Currently Reading?

My goodness, it has been a long time since I have participated in this meme, but I'm so glad to be back!

Here is this week's question: What are you reading right now? (And, is it good? Would you recommend it? How did you choose it?)

Right now, I am reading the Kindle edition of Untraceable by S.R. Johannes, an independent author. Here's the cover and blurb:

Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival. When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he's dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.

Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she's enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it's going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.

I have to admit that I'm only about 10% of the way through this book, so I've barely just begun it and it may be a little too soon to recommend it one way or the other. However, what I can say is that I am really enjoying the way S.R. Johannes writes -- she is very descriptive and puts a lot of imagery in your head without being over the top. So in that respect, this book is off to a great start, but I just haven't gotten into the meat of the story to be able to tell you if I'm going to love or hate (or just feel "meh" about) the book. :-)

In fact, the story of how I chose this book is probably much more interesting than what I can say about it so far! I heard about an upcoming Indie Author event that is actually going to be in a town about 15 minutes from where I live. I live in a suburb well north of Atlanta, Georgia, and it seems author events just usually don't happen close by, or I don't know about them enough in advance to make plans to attend. So when I heard about this one, even though I'd only read books by one of the authors who was going to be there, Nichole Chase, I decided I wanted to familiarize myself with the rest before going. Johannes's book is the last one I'm reading in preparation for the Meet & Mingle, which is a two-day event March 9th - 10th. I can't wait! If you live anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Woodstock, Georgia, you should think about going! See all the details at Into The Night Reviews!

Thanks for stopping by today and happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. The event sounds great...and there's really a town called WOODSTOCK, Georgia? lol

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I had to laugh the first time I heard about Woodstock, GA, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting!! Have fun in Woodstock haha!

    New follower via GFC :)
    My BTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cover! I'll check this one out. Thanks. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover, too! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really good I've seen it a few times before. I'm like you its been awhile since I've done a BTT as well. Until today I hadn't participated since December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, maybe we'll both get back to being regular BTT participants! I think it's been a couple of years since my last post, I'd have to check!

      Delete
  5. Sounds good, a nice cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/booking-through-thursday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fun event, and I'm impressed that you got all the books read for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm only going to the second day of the event, so I am only reading those authors right now, but I've marked the others as to-read, too! :-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds good. It's too soon in my current read to recommend too. Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)