Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Whoops! Missed My Own Blogoversary...


Hmm, a sign perhaps like no other that I still haven't fully re-integrated book-blogging back into my life... I forgot my own Blogoversary yesterday! Four years ago I made my way into the blogging scene, and through many ups and downs I've managed to hang around after all this time, albeit VERY sporadically.

Nothing flashy to celebrate (well, minus that glittery image), but a simple "Thank you!" to those of you who have kept up with Melissa's Bookshelf over the years and to those of you who are more recent friends. :-) Though I may not be as active as I once was, I still love to share my love of reading and hope you will continue to do the same.

In the coming weeks I'll be doing some Spring Cleaning on the site -- likely moving blog buttons and/or blog links to their own page, adding some buttons to help navigate my reviews, and other general sprucing up. And of course, when the mood strikes (my new "no pressure" blogging style, which  has actually caused me to increase the amount of reading I do), I'll share book reviews and more with you!

Happy Reading!

P.S. If anyone has suggestions on the best way to handle Blog Rolls / Blog Buttons, I'm all ears. I hate to move them from the prominence of my sidebars to a page with access from the top menu bar (particularly the link list, since I fear moving that will be very tedious), but quite frankly, these two features in particular are what is causing the cluttered look that I can no longer stand on my site!

EDITED TO ADD: So, it turns out moving everything to a page in the navigation menu was actually quite easy, and for now that's how it will be... Feel free to check out the blog buttons and my blogroll in their new home! (Yes, I'll do some editing to clean up the buttons in the future when I have the time and patience - ha!)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!

    Funny, I didn't realize I had missed mine until I read your post title!

    Blog roll/button page looks nice. I wish I could do the same but have the same info as the widget (post title/how long ago posted)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I totally agree regarding the blog list and being able to show the extra info. I hated to give that up but finally decided that something had to give and I would just have to make the sacrifice ;-) it actually felt pretty darn good to get those sidebars cleaned up!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Melissa! Definitely a call to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Anniversary. :) Here's to many more years. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)