Saturday, February 23, 2013

Review: Through The Ever Night

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 photo premade5.png

Oh, look! It's another dystopian series I have fallen in love with! While I didn't post a review for Under The Never Sky, I can remember for some reason being very hesitant to read that book. I'm not sure if it was the cover or the title that put me off, but for whatever reason I just didn't find myself drawn to this series... until I finally just gave in (looking for something new in the dystopian world) and decided to read the first book last Fall. It's hard to believe that authors can keep the dystopia genre fresh, since it seems to be all the rage these days, but once again we have an original story,this time by Veronica Rossi.

While I definitely enjoyed Under the Never Sky--I rated it 4 stars--I positively adored and devoured Through the Ever Night! I have to say that I basically love everything about these books: the premise, the characters, the story itself, the writing... I could go on and on. As with most dystopian books that I've read, there is a definite sci-fi edge, with a hint of the paranormal/fantasy element, as well. And I have to admit it's nice to have a romance that hasn't been turned into a love triangle with a potentially heartbreaking or shocking choice to be made at the end.

Sure, like all dystopians, this series is a bit post-apocalyptic and there is major conflict between groups/tribes of people, but there is so much about the story and premise that is fresh and original. Unfortunately, I can't really get into it in great detail because I think that would take away from some of the enjoyment if you haven't read the books -- I think it is better to know almost nothing about this series going in.

Read this if you liked The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins, Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, or the dystopian genre, in general. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

*Read in January 2013 and review originally posted at Goodreads. View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)