Monday, September 14, 2009

BBAW: Spotlighting Favorite Blogs!

Happy Book Blogger Appreciation Week, everyone! Today's BBAW-suggested topic is spotlighting those blogs that didn't make it to the shortlist of nominations... What a great idea! So I thought I would share five of my many favorite blogs with all of you. I hope you'll visit them and that they become some of your favorite sites, too! (If they aren't already, that is...)

Ink and Paper ~ Jo has done a fabulous job with her blog. It's not only beautiful, but a wonderful resource for readers who enjoy the fantasy and paranormal genres. I look forward to her reviews, knowing I'll probably be adding another book to my TBR list. Jo also runs a really cool feature called Belle's Library, showing us pictures of amazing libraries around the world. Oh, and not to mention she's just a really sweet person, in general! So pop on over and check out her awesome blog!

Reverie Book Reviews ~ I've had the pleasure to meet Vania, the extremely talented mind behind this blog. She writes great, detailed reviews, has made me add ridiculously many books to my TBR list, and is an incredibly talented photographer on top of it all! She has a separate site devoted to her photography and I urge you all to check it out, as well: Vania's Life Captures.

Queen of Happy Endings ~ Alaine's blog quickly became one of my favorites when I ran across it earlier this year. She reads a wide variety of books across several genres and I know I can trust her recommendations. I'm happy to call Alaine a blogging buddy and hope you all will take this chance to visit her awesome site!

A Patchwork of Books ~ Amanda is the sweetheart behind this awesome blog. She reads a lot of YA, MG, and children's books, along with some adult fiction sprinkled in--a great variety! I always enjoy reading reviews from bloggers who are also librarians--they have access to some great reads and Amanda provides a great perspective on them, so be sure to visit her blog!

{Insert Book Title Here} ~ Christina's blog is a great resource for YA reads. I enjoy her reviews and always look forward to what she is reading and reviewing next. If you need some ideas for your next YA read, I highly recommend checking out this blog!

So there you have it, everyone. Five of my favorite blogs that didn't make the shortlist for BBAW. These bloggers all work hard to make their blogs awesome and fun to read, so I think the deserve some recognition for all their efforts! Happy Reading!
Signature

11 comments:

  1. Great list! There are ones I hadn't heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great line up of book blogs, Melissa! I love Alaine's whimsical blog. The others are new to me. I must be living under a rock!

    I also want you to know that I love your blog so much. It's beautiful and it makes me happy. I am looking forward to what's coming next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris ~ hope you've found some new favorites!

    Bluestocking ~ great list!

    Literate Housewife/Jennifer ~ Thank you so much for your kind words... I love your blog, too! I hope you find some new blogs to love from my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Melissa! I need to check some of those blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many blogs today that I don't recognize! Thanks for sharing this list with us, Melissa. I know Alaine, but will have to check out the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally just made me blush!!! You're so sweet!! Glad I have rec some books your way! <3

    BTW let's get together for coffee soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! Several new-to-me blogs to check out! And a couple I am more familiar with. Great list, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever dreamed of actually
    becoming a character in one of your favorite book series?
    HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!!
    D.D. Barant is currently writing the second book in the 'Bloodhound Files' series.
    The next volume, scheduled for publication in 2010 will be called
    DEATH BLOWS
    and YOUR NAME could be a character in the book
    DD Barant writes:
    "I’d like to offer the chance of literary immortality in the second book of the Bloodhound Files series—I will use the name of the highest bidder as a character in the second book, DEATH BLOWS. Be forewarned, though; there’s a good chance you’ll appear as a vampire, werewolf or golem. As long as you have no problem with that—place your bids!"
    Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to have your name as a character in this wonderful new series!!!
    Here's what critics had to say about DYING BITES:
    "Snappy writing, a page-turning story and fresh world-building make Dying Bites a satisfying meal of a book."—Kelley Armstrong, New York Times bestseller of Living with the Dead
    "Dying Bites is wacky, unpredictable, fresh and amazing. I would kill to write as well as DD Barant. Seriously."--Nancy Holder, author of Pretty Little Devils
    "Barant’s well-developed world offers intriguing enhancements to mythology and history. Jace is remarkable, strong-willed and smart, and she sets an unstoppable pace. Look for the Bloodhound Files to go far." -Publisher's Weekly
    Q: Can I name my character anything I want?
    A: Not quite. The name should be the name of a real person. No obscene nicknames or trademarked names will be accepted
    Q: What exactly will I be getting if I win?
    A: D.D. Barant has agreed to name a character after you or someone you choose. At the end of the auction, you'll send us the name that you want the character to be and D.D. Barant will send you a signed certificate with your chosen name. Upon publication of DYING BITES, D.D. Barant will inscribe an author's copy of the book for you and send it to you.
    Q: Can I choose what kind of being (vampire, werewolf or golem) I'd like my character to be?
    A: No. The character has to serve the needs of the story.
    Q: Will my character be featured in more than one book in the series?
    A: Probably not. Again, the needs of the story will determine who and what the character is. You get to choose the name.

    ALL proceeds of this auction will go to the Dream For Jeanne Fund
    For more information go to http://wedreamforjeanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great List, with some I will get to experience for the first time. Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a pretty awesome list! I'd love to check their blogs out. I always enjoy reading book reviews and finding out what's good to read :) Belle's Library seems like a really cool feature of Ink and Paper. I can't imagine all those shelves and stacks of books just waiting to be read! A feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)