Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging The Queen


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here is mine this week -- I love the page I turned to, because I think this is the perfect teaser quote for this story:

Snow White is a name I do not enjoy.  It is a term of endearment from my mother, but a phrase of torment used by the artisan and merchant children who mock me for my fair skin and black hair.  I would never tell mother for it would hurt her to know, and while I have no love for the name, Snow White, I do have love for the way she speaks it.


~ pages 42-43 of The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging The Queen by Andrea Cefalo (Release date: June 1, 2012 - quotation is from an advance uncorrected proof)

Tomorrow I will be sharing another teaser of sorts, courtesy of Andrea Cefalo, as we wait for this book's release, so be sure to check back!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo this looks interesting. Great teaser!
    Here's mine this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-20.html

    Vix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I think it's interesting that the different meanings of her 'name' are explained there. Nice teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)