Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (06.30.12) - More flowers!

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog, At Home With Books.

I almost wasn't going to post a Saturday Snapshot today because I didn't really have anything new and exciting. But then I decided I'd share some more pictures of flowers -- including another late-blooming clematis that decided to make its appearance this week (the color of this one is much more vibrant).

First up, however, is one of the dianthus that I have had a lot of luck with this year -- probably because I have been pretty good about dead-heading them.  They are thriving even in the unbelievable heat we've had in Georgia recently:


And here are a couple of pictures of the clematis. The first was taken not long after it opened, as you'll notice the petals still curling some.


And you might also notice there happen to be another 2-3 buds nearby, so it looks like I could be enjoying a few more late bloomers this summer, assuming the heat doesn't do them in! This rich violet color is what most of the flowers looked like this year, much more vibrant than the last couple of years' blooms had been.  This is the third season we've had the clematis and it seems to really be settled in and flourishing now!


As always, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Happy Saturday everyone!!

11 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! I love the one of the newly opened clematis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that purple star in the middle--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been hot for our plants this year hasn't it. Yours look like they've been looked after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing flowers. Amazing!

    Here's my
    Saturday Snapshot.
    I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful. We once had a clematis vine. We moved it and the plant only bloomed once more after that. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dianthus is gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen one before...they're so pretty (I love the color red!)

    I love the vibrant purple color of the clematis, it's so pretty, too.

    I'm glad you decided to participate in Saturday Snapshot...your flower photos are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the one with the curling petals! They are all very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I have those same flowers and also have good luck with the dianthus as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! I do loved flowers...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone! Glad you are enjoying the flowers... No more to take pictures of for next week though, so I will have to come up with something else this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly I've never managed to see clematis whilst opening, I didn't know they went through that curling stage.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)