Sunday, June 28, 2009

In My Mailbox (06.22-27.09)

In My Mailbox
As always, In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren.

It was a quiet week but I did get two books. One that I'd forgotten I'd won:

Afraid CoverAfraid by Jack Kilborn. Synopsis from BN.com:

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? YOU WILL BE . . .

Welcome to Safe Haven, Wisconsin. Miles from everything, with one road in and out, this peaceful town has never needed a full-time police force. Until now . . . A helicopter has crashed near Safe Haven and unleashed something horrifying. Now this merciless force is about to do what it does best. Isolate. Terrorize. Annihilate. As residents begin dying in a storm of gory violence, Safe Haven's only chance for survival will rest with an aging county sheriff, a firefighter, and a single mom. And each will have this harrowing thought: Maybe death hasn't come to their town by accident . . .

And I received another book for review, which author Alisa Libby was so kind to send to me:

The King's Rose CoverThe King's Rose by Alisa Libby. Synopsis from BN.com:

Life in the court of King Henry VIII is a complex game. When fifteen-year-old Catherine Howard catches the king's eye, she quickly transforms from pawn to queen. But even luxury beyond imagination loses its luster as young Catherine finds her life—and her heart—threatened by the needs of an aging king and a family hungry for power. Will their agendas deliver Catherine to the same fate as her infamous cousin, Anne Boleyn—sacrificed at the altar of family ambition?

Engaging historical fiction with a throbbing YA heartbeat, this thrilling novel will draw readers into the intrigues and dangers of the Tudor court.

What was in YOUR mailbox this week?

20 comments:

  1. Ohh, they both look great! HAppy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The King's Rose sounds like it might be good. I'll look forward to your review. I have a novel about her written by Ford Maddox Ford that I really need to read at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afraid sounds totally creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO goodie! I found another Georgia blogger. lol. Your blog is sooo pretty. The King's Rose is one I really want to read. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ~Brianan :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! Another GA Blogger-- It is so great that there are so many of us! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The King's Rose looks like my kind of book. I love the cover. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I got the King's Rose last week from my library, but still haven't read it. I'll have to wait for your review to see if I should read it or not. :) Happy reading!

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love finding books in my mailbox! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the King's Rose when I read it, so I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the King's Rose cover. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afraid has a very eye-popping cover. I have to look into it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books you got this week, hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both books look really good, especially the King's Rose. I hope you enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. king's rose - pretty cover. looks like a good historical fiction. wonder how catherine's experience compares to the boleyn sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read The King's Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books. I really enjoyed The King's Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like a great couple of books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The King's Rose looks like an awesome read!! I look forward to your review of it!

    My mailbox is posted...
    http://molcotw.blogspot.com/2009/06/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. These both look good! Enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)