Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teasuer Tuesdays: After The Fire

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
After The Fire CoverHere's my teaser:

How could I have failed to see myself as I really am? she asked herself. Will Miller was right. My work has never moved anyone either to tears or joy. Skill I have, but never the indefinable.

~ page 152 of After the Fire by Belva Plain

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser - I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I , also read this book years ago, your post has reminded me of the author, will have to check her out again. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, that sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, I haven't read a Belva Plain novel for years. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser. I used to read Belva Plain years ago. I remember liking the books.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)