Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Snapshot (07.28.12): Instagram!

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog, At Home With Books.

I haven't done a whole lot of picture-taking this week, though I HAVE tried to make more use of Instagram on my phone, so I thought I'd share an assortment of the few pictures I have taken so far. I'm still learning the ins and outs and trying to keep up with other people pictures, but I do like the way you can play with the quality of the pictures, add frames, etc. It's something fun and different. So here are some pics I've taken in the last couple of weeks since signing up:

This is what Laura has started doing lately. I really want to get a picture when she does that, looks through her legs at me, and then waves at me, but so far I haven't been fast enough.

Took this one last night when we were playing together before her bedtime.

I got a much-needed hair cut yesterday... I just wish I would be able to style it this way again and have it look this good, but I don't seem to have my hairdresser's magic touch.

We got several desperately-needed rain showers/thunderstorms yesterday. I thought this was another one headed our way last night, but it turns out it was just a lot of noise and to-do about nothing.

Until next week, then... Happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend, everyone! Thanks for stopping by :-)

24 comments:

  1. I remember when my baby girls did that same pose. I love it! Your haircut looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you joined Instagram. I find it very easy and I am more likely to get shots of things that before I would not have my camera handy or forget to bring it. I generally have my phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pose - and your hairdo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's too cute!

    Nice haircut! Isn't that always the way, though. You get home and it's hard to get it looking the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos of your little girl. Nice hairstyle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! Love your hairstyle, too, but I have the same problem not being able to recreate what the stylist does. My stylist is my daughter, and I'm trying to persuade her to stop by everyday to do it, but she's not signing up...lol

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of your daughter. Children change so rapidly at that age it's nice to have photos of magic moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots. Your hair looks terrific. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone do our hair every day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute photo of Laura bending over, but the second one is really adorable.

    I think hairstylists have some secret spray that they use to style our hair so we can never recreate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haircut! I guard my hairdresser with my very life lol. I'm always telling her she needs to move in with me and do my hair every morning. Laura is as cute as can be! What a grin :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such funny pictures of Laura.
    Your hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura has a great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura sure is adorable! Love your hair. I can never get mine to look the same as the stylist. That's how our sky has been looking, but with lots of rain and lightening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice snapshots of your slice of life at the moment♫♪
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't see the first two photos but, I love your hair and the threatening sky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh they finally loaded. I love that pose!! !8 months to 2 years??

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post!! I was going to say how cute your hair is, but that's just the thing you want to hear if you can't duplicate it, right? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most adorable daughter, the colour of her eyes are so gorgeous and your new hair looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been trying to figure out Instagram as well! It is not as easy as it looks. I understand about not being able to style hair again after the hairdresser does it. I have that problem all the time, but your cut does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous haircut! And your daughter is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your daughter is gorgeous which makes sense because you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute photos of your daughter! And I feel the same way every time I come home after getting a haircut (knowing I'm not going to be able to recreate the styling). :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is adorable! And when the little ones do the goofiest things, they make you smile. She looks like she has fun there. :D

    And love the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)