Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Frost


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! (If you're on Goodreads, I've included a button to add the book to your list just below the teaser!)

This week I am sharing another teaser from an independent author, who also happens to live in Georgia. (I live in Georgia, last week's Teaser Tuesday post featured an author who lives in Georgia... You get the idea... :-)) A friend of mine who has similar reading tastes recommended this particular series, so I thought I would give it a try! Instead of just a couple of teaser sentences, here's the opening paragraph + 1...

It was cold, the kind of cold that made bones feel brittle and hands ache. My breath streamed from my lips like smoke, and my feet made wet, crunching sounds in the snow as I slipped through the forest. As I ran, my lungs ached and my sack of yarn thumped against my back. My cloak tangled around my ankles, but I yanked it free without stopping.

It was quota day in the village, and I was going to be late if I didn't hurry.
~ page 1 of Frost by Kate Avery Ellison
{click on the cover to visit the book's Goodreads page/synopsis}

Frost (The Frost Chronicles, #1)

13 comments:

  1. Gave me chills! Love the imagery :) Great teaser!

    My Teasers (From Elle J Rossi's Broken Flight)

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good story. I like your Teaser :) Here is mine...
    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, great teaser. I will be check this book out for sure.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can feel that one....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, besides the tension, the teaser doesn't give too much away. I liked it though, nice choice! My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great opening, though it sounds a bit ominous. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me cold reading it... lol... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, now what is quota day? Hmmm, sounds dystopian? Hope you are enjoying it.

    I too have a teaser up this week, if you'd like to stop. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-161.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good teaser! Makes me shiver. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say, I'm intrigued...and also glad winter is over! Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)