Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: The Inconvenient Duchess


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! (If you're on Goodreads, I've included a button to add the book to your list just below the teaser!)

Today's teaser is from a Harlequin Romance, which I don't read too often, but I was looking for a one-and-done kind of read. I'm not ready to jump into another series just yet and I wanted something light and romantic (and relatively mindless). Hopefully this book will be just what I'm looking for...


"Damn that woman. She made me promise. But it was a deathbed promise, and I said the words hoping her demise would absolve me of action."

"You promised to marry me, hoping your mother would die?" She stared back in horror.
~ page 16 (Nook eBook) of The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill

The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1)

23 comments:

  1. Ha! I can understand her horror

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O Holey moley! As much as I'd like to try living in that time, some things about being a woman then just suck ^^ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, I haven't read a Harlequin Romance in....well, awhile! Good teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, buddy should be ashamed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh...you have my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one. I obviously need to shunt it up my reading pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser, Looking forward to the review

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! Gotta love the Harlequin romances :) That's a great teaser, way to make bad promises right there... anyhow, thanks for stopping by my TT today- Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser, Melissa. Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Great teaser! This sounds liek a nice read, I'll check it out.

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my TT earlier.

    Happy reading and have a great week ahead! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite a teaser! I'd be horrified too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't marry him. Nope. Too much a cad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. Not a very great proposal there. Nice teaser. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that rotten man! LOL Nice teaser! Thanks for stopping by my TT today!

    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack! Sounds like a tense situation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha that's a great teaser! I might have to check it out when I get series fatigue (seriously, it seems like everything is a trilogy these days). Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great line! "You promised to marry me, hoping your mother would die?" She stared back in horror.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm, some proposal this is ;) Thanks for stoping by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ouch, that doesn't sound nice. Thanks for stopping by The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Drama!! Was it light and mindless? Sounds like it would cause bubble guts for me O_O Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)