Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Sunday Salon (08.09.09): Short & Sweet

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I feel like I should apologize for not being as active in the blogosphere this week. I hate that I haven't been out there commenting on your blogs much, nor have I had time to adequately keep up with your posts in Google Reader. I've managed to knock the count down to under 400 at the moment (although that meant marking all the Sunday Salon posts as read :-/) but I know the count will jump back up in the morning. As you know, I started my new job this week, and it's clear that it is going to keep me very busy. So, unfortunately I have a feeling that this pattern will continue. I don't even have much time for reading, as I'm sure you noticed... Just one review all week! At least it was a good one: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, which is part of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I will be finishing an audio book tomorrow (hopefully) so you should see that review soon, as well.

I also thought I'd remind you all about my contest that is running until midnight tonight. I'm giving away two copies of Dying for Mercy by Mary Jane Clark, thanks to Wiredset. So be sure to visit my post and enter while there's still time. I'll be using Random.org to select the winners sometime tomorrow and will announce them in a Mystery Mondays post. If I'm lucky, I'll have time before heading to work, otherwise I may not be able to announce the winner until tomorrow evening, but keep an eye out for that!

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! With any luck I'll get back on track again this week, and I'll do my best to get back out and comment on your blogs as much as I can. Happy Reading!
Signature

4 comments:

  1. Don't get too stressed. New jobs take a while to settle into a routine. We will still be here when you get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Melissa - do I hear you! I started a new job three weeks ago and am just now getting back to my reader. I did the unthinkable and wiped it clean - the 1000+ was overwhelming. And yes my reading is suffering too. But I'm starting to get into a routine and feeling a bit more settled - I'm sure that will happen for you too. But yes - the guilt of not being 'out there' commenting and visitng was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying yourself at your new job and that it is not stressful for you.
    soon enough you'll get your brain in order and get into a routine. you were off for quite awhile too!
    So hopefully we'll see you around some more as time permits!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!!

    The job is going alright. It's been a little overwhelming but I'm hopeful that I'll feel more confident in another couple of weeks or so.

    I'm just doing what reading I can in the time I have, so hopefully I'll be popping over to your blogs from time to time. I'm trying to avoid having to mark all the posts as read, but it's starting to get a little scary, lol. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)