Monday, August 31, 2009

Month In Review: August '09

Well, looking back at this month's reading stats I can tell that I went back to work! I completed just 9 books, 3 of which were audio titles. I guess it's a good thing I started listening to audiobooks during my daily commute, otherwise I would have only finished 6 books this month!

BOOKS READ BY RATING

5 stars: Fire by Kristin Cashore
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

4-1/2 stars:
Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch
8th Confession by James Patterson (audiobook)
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

4 stars:

Paranoia by Joseph Finder (audiobook)

3-1/2 stars:

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Wormwood by G. P. Taylor (audiobook)

3 stars:
Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin

AUGUST'S TOP PICK

This month it was actually an easy choice for me: Fire by Kristin Cashore! The story and characters were just so great, it was hard to put this book down!

Fire cover
READING CHALLENGE UPDATE

I haven't finished any challenges this month, but I did add one more book to my list of completed Sarah Dessen books. Just five more to go before the end of the year! I'm also just five books away from finishing the 100+ Reading Challenge, so I should be knocking that one out sometime in September if work doesn't keep me too busy!

CONTESTS

Today marks the last day of my contest celebrating 300 followers! (You've got time to enter until midnight tonight!) Since starting the contest my following has increased to 339 and I can only say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all of you who read and comment on my blog! Especially these days as I am not nearly as active in our community as I used to be, I'm so glad you all are sticking with me :-)

Oh, and keep your eye out for another contest down the road. In September I'm going to be giving away my ARC of a book I know many of you are dying to read!! :-)

Happy Reading in September!!
Signature

8 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I have an award for you.

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/08/return-of-zombie-chickens-eyes-pecked.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for almost knocking out that 100+ Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! You had a great month, didn't you!
    I knew it will be Fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would this be a bad time to tell you that I've read 17 books this month...? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've a great reading month, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great month! Glad to see you rated Time of My Life highly. I'll be reading it soon for a tour. I'll have to check out your review. I'm really behind in blog reading.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Fire, too.

    And Congrats on all your followers. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you enjoyed most of what you read this month Melissa? Have a great SEPT!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)