Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Dreamland

TeaserTuesdayslogo

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

~ Grab your current read
~ Open to a random page
~ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
~ BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's mine this week:

I'd always counted on Cass to lead me. She was out there somewhere, but she'd taken her own route, and for once I couldn't follow. This time, she'd left me to find my own way.

~ page 16 of Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Signature

14 comments:

  1. I guess eventually we all have to find our own way... Great teaser!

    mines here:
    http://carmen-krista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I've never read any Dessen, but I think I should. I'm the only one who hasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. Makes you wonder why she'd taken her own route. I'll have to put this one on my must read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TT are great! : ). Here's my contribution:

    Page 74 of Alexander McCall Smith's Blue Shoes and Happiness

    "She had been right-there was something wrong. She had picked it up and, rather than doubting it, she should have trusted her instincts."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser! It looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser! Wonder how she'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good teaser this week! Looks like yet another book to add to my tbr list :) You can find my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this teaser. It kind of rings true to the meaning too.

    I have just posted my teaser if anyone would like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many are reading Sarah this week. I have Just Listen on my stack. Will be adding this one to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good read, thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only read one Sarah Dessen book - and I have liked it :) I hope you are liking this one.. The writing is - what can I say- sometimes lyrical and heart-rending :) What do you think about this one?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's haunting - and totally matches the cover image. Great tease!

    This week, my teaser is from The Other Queen.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)