Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: The Lightning Thief

TeaserTuesdayslogo

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

~ Grab your current read
~ Open to a random page
~ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
~ BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's mine this week:

I kept walking, trying to stay clear of Chiron's hooves. "We haven't seen any other centaurs," I observed.

"No," said Chiron sadly. "My kinsmen are a wild and barbaric folk, I'm afraid. You might encounter them in the wilderness, or at major sporting events. But you won't see any here."

~ page 82 of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.
Signature

14 comments:

  1. Mythological creatures! Missing from...somewhere! Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title & cover. Hope the book is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser and Great Book.

    Here is mine

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/08/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser,, sounds like a good fantasy. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok! That sounds like my kind of book!

    Here is MINE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser!
    I look forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that looks like a GREAT book! I've got a couple of good teasers this week. Here's a link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooooooooooo =) that sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to your review of The Lightning Thief. It's been on my shelf and "want-to-read-soon" list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the Lightning Thief and Percy Jackson too. The movie looks like it is going to be good.
    Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it - "at major sporting events." Perfect place for centaurs, of course. That's a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it....love your blog as well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My older kids really enjoyed the Rick Riordan books :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)