Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to my fellow American bloggers/readers out there! I hope you have a wonderful day! I'm not sure if I'll get to any bookish posts today, but we'll see. I'm really hoping to finish After the Fire by Belva Plain. I can't figure out why I've had such a slow reading week, because I've really enjoyed this book, but somehow I can't seem to find the time to read much. But if I can manage to finish that book, you may see a review from me at some point.


Otherwise my day will probably be devoted to 4th of July festivities. We're having my parents over for some smoked BBQ baby back ribs that we're cooking this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed that they turn out! We've certainly put forth a lot of effort with marinating and a spice rub. And we may go see some fireworks tonight, as well... I hope everyone has a great day and a safe holiday!!

5 comments:

  1. "...smoked BBQ baby back ribs..."

    Yum. I'm headed to the store right now.

    We're considering fireworks as well, but, oh, the traffic trying to get back home...not sure if it's worth it.

    We might go anyway. I think the Founding Fathers would want that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought about a parade here, but it's grey and rainy, so I don't think that's gonna work. :)

    Just an FYI...for some reason my IE is telling me it has trouble connecting to your site, so if I don't comment for a while, that's why. (I miss your blog, too! Yours and J Kaye's - same issue - it makes me sad.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I hope you and your family have a wonderful day. Hope those ribs turn out - they are my favorite. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the ribs were OK--flavor was great, but the meat didn't quite fall off the bone. Maybe next time!

    Penny ~ Sorry you're having problems with my blog (and J. Kaye's). I hadn't heard of any issues lately but I'll take a look again and see if there's anything I can do to fix that on my end... I know IE can be funny sometimes. I never use it anymore and am pretty much a Firefox addict.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)