Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thankful & Passing Along The Love...

I have been really terrible about posting awards I've received lately. In fact, I discovered that I have some from the end of May that I never passed along... Yikes! So I thought I would remedy the situation today and share the love a little bit (ok, a lot). Please note, there are several awards, so I may not follow the rules of each exactly--I will nominate 4 blogs for each award to make my job a little easier :-) Here we go!

#1 Blogger Award
Thank you to Jo at Ink and Paper for nominating me for the #1 Blogger Award!

My four nominations:
(1) Everything Distils into Reading
(2) J. Kaye's Book Blog
(3) LiyanaLand!
(4) Serendipity

Let's Be Friends Award
Thank you to Jo at Ink and Paper for nominating me for the Let's Be Friends Award!

Blogs that received the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers. (Just four today for me.)

My four nominations:
(1) Just Blinded Book Reviews
(2) Reverie Book Reviews
(3) Diary of an Eccentric
(4) The Burton Review

Friendly Bear Tag Award
Thank you to Jo at Ink and Paper for nominating me for this award! I don't know its official name, but I'll call it the Teddy Bear Tag Award!

1. Mention the person who nominated you.
Already did :-)

2. List six unimportant things that make you happy.
~ Chocolate
~ Going to the movies
~ Going to sporting events
~ New shoes
~ Flowers (especially the ones I've planted outside)
~ A cozy blanket on the couch

3. Tag six blogs, state the rules & notify them with a teeny comment on their blog. (Just four today.) My four nominations:
(1) A Novel Menagerie
(2) My Cozy Book Nook
(3) A Striped Armchair
(4) Socrates' Book Reviews

2009 Friendly Blogger Award
Thank you to Jo at Ink and Paper and Mishel at Mis(h)takes for nominating me for the 2009 Friendly Blogger Award!

My four nominations:
(1) MYSTERIES in PARADISE
(2) Must Read Faster
(3) One Librarian's Book Reviews
(4) The Zen Leaf

Enchanted Blog Award
Thank you to Molly at My Cozy Book Nook for nominating me for the Your Blog Is Enchanted Award!

The only requirement for this award is that you shared it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don't incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift).

My four nominations:
(1) The Story Siren
(2) Today's Adventure
(3) The Book Butterfly
(4) Never Not Reading

Literary
Thank you to Wendy and Rebecca for nominating me for the Literary Blogger Award!

The Literary Blogger Award acknowledges bloggers who energize & inspire reading by going the extra mile. These amazing bloggers make reading fun & enhance the delight of reading!

The Rules:
1) Put the logo on your blog/post.
2) Nominate up to 9 blogs.
3) Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog.
5) Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

My four nominations:
(1) Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin?
(2) My Friend Amy
(3) Things Mean A Lot
(4) The Literate Houswife

Heartfelt Award
I'd like to thank Keri for giving me the Heartfelt Award, one of the cutest out there, in my opinion!

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when your relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family & friends? You know that feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea ~or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.

Rules:
1) Put the logo on your blog/post
2) Nominate up to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside.
3) Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog.
5) Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

My four nominations:
(1) Romance Addicted Reviews
(2) Pudgy Penguin Perusals
(3) Trish's Reading Nook
(4) Wrighty's Reads

One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you to Genevieve for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award!

This Award is given to new blogs and blogging friends. The rules follow are:
  1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
  2. Pass the award to at least 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. (Sorry, just four this time around!)
  3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
My four nominations:
(1) Chick Loves Lit
(2) Book ♥ Soulmates
(3) Bloody Bad Book Blog
(4) Belle of the Books

Kreativ Blogger Award
And lastly, I'd like to thank Julie J., Rebecca, Wendy, and Shanyn for the Kreativ Blogger Award!

Rules for accepting the Kreativ Blogger Award require me to list seven of my favorite things, and nominate seven other fabulous blogs! (And you know today's policy, just four this time!)

Seven of My Favorite Things

(1) Hubster
(2) Parents
(3) Friends
(4) Our townhome
(5) My collection of books
(6) Thunderstorms
(7) Chocolate

My four nominations:
(1) At Home With Books
(2) Alley Of Books
(3) Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog
(4) Books & other thoughts

I'll do my best to get around to notifying everyone as soon as possible, and in the meantime... Be sure to check out all of these fantastic blogs!!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award :) I actually gave you the Kreativ Blogger award too, heh. ( http://chickloveslit.blogspot.com/2009/07/kreativ-blogger-award.html ) Lots of people think you are creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards, Melissa! They're all well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a lot of awards! Congrats! And thanks so much for the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I just LOOOOVVVVEEE awards!

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for my award. I am really rubbish at passing these on, but I don't want you to think I am not grateful, because I am well chuffed to receive it. Well done on winning so many awards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! And I've got an AWARD for YOU!! Come by and pick it up!

    http://chickwithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/awards-awards-and-big-thank-you-from-me.html

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your much-deserved awards. And thanks for giving one to me. You've brightened my day!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of lovin! Thanks for passing it to me - though I may never get around to passing it on...

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, congratulations on your awards :D And thank you so much for including me among all these awesome bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on all the fantastic awards, Melisa! And I'm so glad I didn't give into that urge to mark everything in my reader as "read"--thank you so much for including me with all these other great blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, what a nice surprise! Thanks so much for the award. I'm flattered to be in such excellent company. :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)