Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

TeaserTuesdayslogoTeaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

~ Grab your current read
~ Open to a random page
~ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
~ BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

In honor of going to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today, I started re-reading the book yesterday and should finish it up later this morning. In the meantime, here's a teaser--it happens to be a line from Fred & George's poster on their joke shop that makes me laugh every time I read it:

WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT
YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT
U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION
THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

~
page 116 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling.

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am going to have that rhyme stuck in my head now, Thanks!!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite scenes in that book! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred and George were my daughters favourite characters from the HP books. She even drew sketches of how she pictured them before the movies came out. Great lol teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fred & George are great characters! What a fun teaser!

    I went for funny this week. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL great teaser, that's going to be a brain worm now!
    Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Your teaser is hilarious!

    Here is my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fred and George crack me up. I haven't read this since right before book 7 came out, but we just saw the movie last weekend and loved it. Enjoy the book--it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying so hard to resist the urge to reread the whole series again but especially the last few books. I want to so bad! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's HILARIOUS!! I haven't read any of the HP books (I know, I know, I have been made to do the walk of shame several times..lol)

    Great teaser!

    Mine is up, just click on my name and you are taken right there

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I totally heart your teaser Melissa.

    You know what's sad though? I haven't read a HP novel yet. *tear* I will though!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT (and funny) teaser! I love that book.
    Check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! I love the HP books and I finally got my boyfriend to want to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee :) I'll be seeing those loveable teens on the big screen this week (finally!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha - that's a great teaser!

    My teaser is from The Girl Who Played with Fire.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)