Sunday, March 24, 2013

#Bloggiesta: Finish Line

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend this was! I accomplished even more than I originally set out to, though I admit I fell behind with reading and scheduling a couple of posts, haha! There just aren't enough hours in the day, are there? I hope everyone's Bloggiesta was successful -- I know mine was. I surprised myself with everything I managed to accomplish!

Here's the condensed version of my original to-do list:

(1) Find a new feed reader to replace Google Reader. - I did, and it's Bloglovin'. (For now. I still need more time to play with it.)

(2) Finish sidebar buttons for labels and clean up miscellaneous labels. - Done!

(3) Add at least 20 grab buttons to my blogroll page. - Done! I think the final tally was just over two dozen, not to mention all the links I added to the alphabetical list!

(4) Participate in as many mini-challenges as possible. - I completed 5! Well, technically my last one will be complete tomorrow when the post goes live... These are the challenges I completed:
     - Feed Readers
     - Through a Visitor's Eyes
     - Declutter Your Sidebar
     - Jump Start Your Traffic With StumbleUpon
     - Getting to Know You (my post goes live tomorrow!)

(5) Update my Review Archive. - Done! I lucked out because I had forgotten that I did this at the beginning of last month, haha!

(6) Visit all blogs participating and follow new-to-me blogs across all the social networks available. - Done... I think. There were so many and I did my best to keep up with you all!!

Here are some additional tasks I worked on that didn't make my original list:

(1) I updated my sharing buttons for my posts via Share This so that they are where I actually want them to appear in the post. I also added several options. This proved to be MUCH more tedious than I thought it would be because I couldn't just use the widget provided -- I had to use the code for a general website. Now that I know that, if I ever have to fix them, it should be easy!

(2) I backed up my blog! I can't remember the last time I did this -- pretty sure it was before I converted to the new Blogger interface *hangs head in shame*. I also backed it up to Wordpress for the time being. I thought that I had done that before, but there was nothing there. Hopefully it sticks this time!

(3) Finally, I added a subscribe by email option. I may continue to play with this. Right now, it uses my Feedburner feed, but I am thinking about switching to something else. (Besides, didn't I hear at one time Feedburner was going away??)

So there you have it! There are still lots of little things I need to continue doing or improve upon, but this weekend went a long way towards achieving some important goals!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You got a lot done this weekend! It's awesome you tackled trying to follow so many new people. I still need to work on that, though I did find a lot of great blogs!

    I backed up my blog, too--for the first time! I didn't even know how to do it before this weekend! *scary*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you didn't miss Bloggiesta. You got a lot done this weekend! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a fantastic job! There were so many people participating in Bloggiesta--I'm very impressed that you visited everyone! Congrats on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a lot this weekend! I still have a few things to do...and I just realized I didn't make a button for my new layout (thanks for the reminder). I should back up my blog...just need to figure out how to.

    Good job on all the progess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! You did a lot! I'm so impressed! It was nice meeting new bloggers this weekend, and I hope we can get to know each other better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! I need to update my blog roll, too :) Maybe next time. Your sharing buttons are so cute!

    There are rumors that feedburner is going away since google axed google reader and they haven't been updating feedburner much any more. I use feedburner right now and I'm scared that they will just go away like all other things google. grr….

    My finish line

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a ton completed this weekend, well done! I'll be creating a blogroll very soon, once I work out what I actually want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job with the blog it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finally visiting Bloggiesta finish line posts. I love your blog and glad to have found you. Congrats on getting so much done and hope to speak with you on next month's twitter chat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always find that I end up with more tasks once I pop around other peoples lists'. Congrats on getting so much done. New follower!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)