Sunday, March 10, 2013

Suddenly Sunday/Sunday Salon:
Indie Author Event!

 photo SuddenlySunday.jpg
Suddenly Sunday is a weekly event hosted by Svea @ The Muse in the Fog Book Review. The purpose of Suddenly Sunday is to share all the exciting events that have occurred on your blog throughout the week. If you would like to participate, just grab the button and link back here.
Last week I talked plenty about what's been going on at my blog, so today I'm going to gab about the fun event I got to go to this afternoon!

Today I was lucky enough to attend an indie author Meet & Mingle at Copper Coin Coffee in Woodstock, GA. If you've been by the blog lately, you've probably seen me mention it a time or two in reviews and other posts. :-) Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures while I was there -- I know, what was I thinking?! Perhaps I didn't want to go completely fangirl on everyone, haha! I had such a great time chatting with everyone that I didn't want to keep other people from enjoying the same opportunity. But it was such an awesome format, very informal and friendly -- seriously the best book signing I've been able to go to! And well, I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty fun to hear, "You're not just Melissa, you're Melissa's Bookshelf!" I just wish I'd been able to attend both days of the event, but I left the coffee shop today feeling like I had made four new friends!

I'd like to extend a HUGE thank you to Into The Night Reviews and Literati Literature Lovers for hosting such a fantastic event -- especially so close to home for me! Between working from home and spending time with my daughter, I probably don't get out as much as I should and it is difficult to go to most of the events I hear about that tend to be farther away, so today was a real treat!

Who did I get to meet? (BTW, you can click on their names below to visit their websites and learn more.)

Nichole Chase, author of The Dark Betrayal trilogy, Flukes, which I've reviewed here, On Christmas Hill (short story), and the soon-to-be-released Suddenly Royal, which I preordered today! Be sure to visit her website to learn more about her books.

S.R. Johannes, whose book, Untraceable, I reviewed earlier this week. I plan to read the second book in this series, Uncontrollable, soon -- got my signed copy today, of course! The third book will be out this summer, can't wait! She's also written several other books -- you can see the complete list on her website.

Michelle Muto, author of three books, including The Book of Lost Souls, which I reviewed recently. For more information about her other books, including her very popular horror title, The Haunting Season, please visit her website. I just picked that one up today and look forward to reading it soon!

Sarah M. Ross, who has written Awaken, the first of her Patronus series, and for which I have been totally remiss in writing a review! But suffice it to say if you are looking for a fresh take on angels and demons, you should definitely give this series a try. Ross has also written several other titles you can see on her site.

I was so lucky to get to spend quite a bit of time chatting with all four of them -- they were all so friendly and gracious, and each had interesting stories to tell. I hope you'll take a look at some of their titles -- many are available for a bargain price in eBook format, which is a great way to give them a try! I have so much respect for independent authors -- theirs is not an easy path to travel, but the passion these ladies all have for their work is undeniable! Thank you to all of you for taking the time to chat with me and share a little about yourselves and your passion for writing!!

While I didn't take any pictures of the event, I will leave you witha  picture of all the signed books I picked up and the swag I got! :-) Yep, in addition to some books I've already read, I just added some more books to that ever-growing TBR pile!


What about you? Have you gotten to go to any fun bookish events or book signings recently?

2 comments:

  1. I rattling thankful to find this website on bing, just what I was looking for : D as well bookmarked .
    beverly hills wedding venues

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)