Thursday, March 21, 2013

Booking Through Thursday: Spring

Today's prompt: Happy Spring Equinox, everyone! What book are YOU choosing to celebrate with?

I'm actually not quite sure what book I am going to read next. I just finished My Stubborn Heart yesterday and haven't decided what I'm in the mood to read next. I have a full day on the floor at our trade show today and then I'll be heading to the airport to fly home, so perhaps I will figure out exactly what I want to read when I'm on the plane. I was pondering getting started with a mystery by Georgette Heyer, maybe Behold, Here's Poison? We shall see if that is what I decide to go with...

Here's the synopsis:

When Gregory Matthews, patriarch of the Poplars is found dead one morning, imperious Aunt Harriet blames it on the roast duck he ate for supper. After all, she had warned him about his blood pressure. But a post-mortem determines that the cause of death is much more sinister. Murder. By poison.

Suspicion falls immediately amongst his bitter, quarrelsome family. Each has a motive; each, opportunity. It falls to Superintendent Hannasyde to sift through all the secrets and lies and discover just who killed Gregory Matthews, before the killer strikes again...

Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb. Be sure to click on over to see other people's responses!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good choice! Enjoy....and here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Georgette Heyer, though I confess I haven't read as many of her mysteries as I should like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/booking-through-thursday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Heyer... will have to look into her work as I love a good mystery!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)