Friday, March 22, 2013

It's #Bloggiesta!


And to think I nearly missed it, yet again! Good thing I hopped on Twitter tonight and saw the tweets. Admittedly, there isn't a TON that I want to do to my blog right now because I did spend a lot of time a few weeks ago cleaning up my sidebars and moving my Blogroll to a page that links from the navbar on my blog. But in the spirit of blog improvement and Bloggiesta, here's a brief to-do list that I want to try to accomplish over the weekend...

(1) Find a new feed reader since I just learned that Google Reader is going away. (Feedly is the first one that I will be investigating.) FYI - after a couple of minutes playing with both Feedly and Bloglovin', it was a no-brainer for me to choose Bloglovin'. I still need to work with it some more, but I infinitely prefer this interface vs. Feedly. I was able to import my Google Reader blogs (it was a piece of cake!) and now I'm going to work on tweaking all of my settings. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

(2) Finish the buttons for my sidebar for books read in 2009, 2010, and so on, rather than having those years in the miscellaneous labels list. I also need to re-do the one for the two thriller categories I currently have and combine them into just Suspense/Thriller. Should be relatively easy!

(3) Add at least 20 more grab buttons and blogs to my blog roll (10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday). I know there are a lot of you out there with buttons that I don't yet have, so I will find you!

(4) Visit as many of the Bloggiesta Mini Challenges as possible and participate! It's always great to learn tips from other successful bloggers! The last challenge I needed to complete is done... My "Getting To Know You" post is scheduled for tomorrow, since I've been Bloggiesta-ing so much I haven't read the book I intended to review for Mystery Mondays, haha!

(5) Update my Review (Alpha by Author) Archive.

(6) Visit all the blogs participating in Bloggiesta and follow all the new book blogs I come across via various social networking links offered (Facebook pages, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, etc.)  Done! Whew! :-)

There you have it. Perhaps it is not an overly ambitious list, but it is probably all I feel comfortable committing to this weekend at the last minute, haha! Happy Bloggiesta!!!!

39 comments:

  1. Test comment for Through A Visitor's Eyes Mini-Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nuts about turning Anonymous commenting back on, but since I was having problems commenting when I wasn't signed in, I figured I'd better try it for now...

      Delete
  2. Melissa love your blog design!

    Do you collect the grab buttons of all your fave blogs only?

    My Bloggiesta Goals

    Have a great Bloggigesta weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angelica! I collect grab buttons from any book blog that I discover has one. I have found that it seems most blogs don't display other bloggers' grab buttons (anywhere I can easily find them, anyway), even though many of these same blogs offer grab buttons of their own. I decided to try to be diligent (perhaps a bit OCD) about displaying other book bloggers' grab buttons since I'm offering one up myself.

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll be right over to visit your Bloggiesta Goals! :-)

      Delete
  3. Melissa, what a great idea! I've been trying to gather up blog roll buttons in some sort of order now for weeks.. I don't know why I forgot about that goal for Bloggiesta!

    I am currently using Feedly right now and am having a love/hate relationship with it, lol. The "mark as read" options are not clearly marked and I just lost 600 unread posts :(

    I hope you achieve all your goals Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I'm checking out Bloglovin too, now, thanks to Rebecca's suggestion below. I hope you achieve your goals, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Also check out Bloglovin as a reader. You might like it.

    Good luck with your goals!

    Here is my Bloggiesta To Do List!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! I see you already have one huge task accomplished :) I love the layout of your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you stopped by and like my layout. Happy Bloggiesta!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow!!! Thanks for the blog love! You have quite a list of blogs that I am looking through right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I try to list every book blog I come across on my blogroll, though admittedly it is difficult to keep up with all of them. I am going to try to come up with a system, though, haha!

      Delete
  7. I think you have a great list :) I'm glad you jumped on board. Good luck accomplishing all that you want to this weekend.

    Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Bloggiesta and am glad to be participating! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Woohoo for BlogLovin'! And I have pretty much all of the social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google. I hope you check out my Bloggiesta To Do List or join my mini-challenge about getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! I will go check out your list today and your mini-challenge! Happy Bloggiesta!

      Delete
  9. Great list! Seeing everyone put down "replace Google reader" is making me somewhat relieved I don't use it. I'm glad you found a replacement you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have to be honest that I stopped using Google Reader awhile back, which made keeping up with my blogs a little tougher, unfortunately. I just never liked GR that much. I can see where Bloglovin' could use some improvement, but overall I think I will like it much better than GR. They do need to get an iPad version released, though!

      Delete
  10. I'm switching between Feedly and Bloglovin' at the moment. I like both but I can't choose which one I like the most! I need to participate in the mini-challenges - that's my goal for this evening. Congrats on completing so much already, I hope you get to finish your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really understand the grab button thing, probably I'm still a book blogging newbie LOL! But great list, good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following you now too! For some reason I was only following Instagram and Facebook. I haven't made a dent in my to do list. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I chose Bloglovin' too! I have missed all the chats so far so hoping to participate tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still in denial about Google Reader...I looked at Feedly, but it didn't appeal, so I'll try Bloglovin! Thanks for giving me hope...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost done you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list! Love your blog design...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been doing great! I also went with Bloglovin' and I think I'm going to like it.

    Thanks for the visit. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so impressed that so many of y'all were able to visit so many of the participants over the weekend. Even though your list was "short" you still got a lot done! Ive decided to go with Feedly because the Bloglovin app is too primitive but I'm hoping theyll beef it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your side bar buttons for finding stuff! You have just given me a few ideas! Congrats on getting everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sidebar buttons look great. You got an impressive amount of work done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on getting everything done! I'm impressed that you were able to visit every blog!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you were able to get so much done, even though you jumped in at the last minute! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on completing all of your challenges! The blog looks great. :)

    Jenn from I Read Good

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! Congratulations on quite a successful Bloggiesta weekend!!

    I still need to figure out which feed reader I'm going to go with. That's one thing I wanted to get done this weekend and it is still not accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWZER! You really kicked some tail!

    I didn't get any of my reviews written for this week so that is my goal tonight! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had an ambitious list! I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't get my mind around Bloglovin' or Feedly, mostly because I'm mad that some of my deletions didn't stick... Ah... Change is so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job on all you completed! I switched to Bloglovin too but haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  28. One of my tasks was to get through all of the Bloggiesta. That was one of my tasks, too, but I didn't finish it in the end. There's always next time!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)