Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Well, in a rare post that's personal and not really book-related at all, I thought I would note that tomorrow the hubby and I are headed for a three-day weekend at Callaway Gardens to celebrate our first anniversary! :-D And being the dork that I am, I am setting up automatic blog posts for Friday and Saturday, and maybe Sunday, too. We're returning on Sunday (our actual anniversary) but I might have it in me for a Sunday Salon post when we get back, we'll see...

But anyway, I just felt the need to share my excitement, as well as a few pictures of what we have to look forward to... There's a butterfly garden, loads of nature trails and plenty of other outdoor recreation... If we'd been smarter, we would have planned a 4-day weekend! Enough rambling, I'll leave you with some pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! The Gardens look gorgeous. May you have many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary for Sunday! Hope you have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Callaway Gardens looks like a really nice place to spend some time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely time! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and relaxing ... a perfect place for an anniversary getaway. Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your weekend away.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1st Anniversary! How exciting and what a great trip! The gardens are so beautiful. You can go away for a few days and then have a couple left to relax at home before going back to work. Hope you have good weather. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy day! And no, you're not a geek for planning advance posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary. The photos look fabulous. The colours are so intense. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a wonderful time! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! Have a super trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Mine will be three years on Tuesday. The gardens look really lovely, but those earrings...!! :) I really love Blue Nile. Both my rings and earrings are from there and they've always been so great about everything (lost an earring back once and had to have my ring resized).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone! We really did have a great time, despite some rain yesterday. I'll post some pictures this afternoon or tonight!

    Trish ~ congrats on your upcoming Anniversary. You're right about the diamonds, lol. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! It looks absolutely beautiful where you're going. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. You've picke a beautiful spot to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)