Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Wings

TeaserTuesdayslogoTeaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

~ Grab your current read
~ Open to a random page
~ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
~ BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Wings coverHere's mine (cheating a bit with three sentences, but I really needed the third one!):


By the time Thursday rolled around, Laurel could no longer deny that whatever this thing was on her back, it wasn't a zit. Not only had it continued growing the last two days, it seemed to be growing faster. That morning it was the size of a golf ball.





~ page 37 of Wings by Aprilynne Pike

11 comments:

  1. lol-Ok, that definitely has me interested. On another note, I love the cover on this book. My teaser is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! My first thought was cancer, but considering the type of book it is, I think it may not be quite so bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to read this. She also wrote The Forest of Hands, Teeth and Wings too - another I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still not sure about a fairie book but the cover sure is snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right in the middle of this one. In fact, I think I'll go finish it right now! Loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won this from a giveaway and can't wait to receive it. I hope you're liking it so far =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser. I see how that third sentence had to be included as I definitely feel the need to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser! Mine is here: http://memybookandthecouch.blogspot.com/2009/05/tuesday-teasers_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent teaser I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I want to read this so bad!! It is on my wish list on Paperbackswap. I may end up buying it instead...there is a long wait for it!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)