Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Vampire Academy

TeaserTuesdaysTeaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

(1) Grab your current read
(2) Open to a random page
(3) Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
(4) BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
(5) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Vampire Academy coverHere's mine:

The pursuing footsteps grew louder, closer. Black stars danced before my eyes. Ahead of us, I could make out Jeremy's green Honda. Oh God, if we could just make it--

~ page 9 of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead




15 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of great things about this series. I'll have to pick it up one of these days. :)

    Hope you're enjoying it!

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds ominous! I can't say I like vampire books but that teaser really set the scene. Have a great week and happy reading. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh such a great start to a great series!!! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm holding my breath. Good teaser. My teaser is at http://ilovelovebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have a put Vampire Academy on my TBR list -- I have heard a ton about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good from that tense teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...I hope they make it. That teaser is pretty intense! My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser. I love vampire books. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a perfect teaser! I'm a sucker for vampire books, so I might just have to write down the name of this book. Is it a series?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way the teaser cuts off at the end. It kind of makes you suspect that maybe...

    Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal (Use that link, since the comment won't allow me to post using the Bookishgal identity.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this book is SO good, SO SO SO GOOOOOOOOD!!! Nice choice for your teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He spun his head. A black, older model Cadillac jumped the curb and barreled toward him, two tires on the sidewalk."

    p 45 "Cabal of the Westford Knight: by David S. Brody

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep walking past that book at the store I might have to pick it up

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)