Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday

WaitingOnWednesday

I haven't participated in this meme in awhile. Just one book today, though if I'd been able to find other images I would have had more... I'm so excited that Georgette Heyer's mysteries are being republished. Here's one due out later this year:

Death in the Stocks coverDeath In the Stocks by Georgette Heyer.

Release Date: October 1, 2009

Synopsis:

A moonlit night in a sleeping village… An English bobby returning from night patrol finds a corpse in evening dress locked in the stocks on the village green. The body is that of Andrew Vereker. Not a well-loved man, so narrowing down suspects isn’t going to be easy, even for the resourceful Superintendent Hannasyde who finds himself on the trail of a killer so cunning that even his consummate powers of detection are tested to their limits.

4 comments:

  1. I have one of her mysteries on hold at the library and am anxious to read it. I have heard her writing style is wonderful, but as I do not care for romance, so have not read any of her books so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing books by Georgette Heyer but I have never actually picked one up, perhaps I need to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly ~ I really enjoy her witty banter. Her writing style really is great! You might even find you like her romances--they aren't at all like many of today's romances, in my opinion. Of course, I have read those, too, though rarely, but I'll take Georgette Heyer any day over the rest of them!

    Scrap girl ~ I HIGHLY recommend GH! If you try a romance, some of my favorites are The Grand Sophy, Lady of Quality, Regency Buck, These Old Shades and Devil's Cub...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really come to like Georgette Heyer's writing of late. I read Cotillion and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)