Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday Thunks (05.21.09)

ThursdayThunks Welcome to the May 21st version of Thursday Thunks!
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by THE THURSDAY THUNKERS!!!!!

These questions were submitted by last week's Thursday Thunk's participants! (so don't blame Kimber & Berleen for the quality of the questions.....)

1. Have you seen the new Star Trek movie, and if so what did you think?
Hubster and I actually went to see this last week. We both loved it! And neither of us is really a "Trekkie" but I used to watch some of the TV shows with my parents when I was growing up.

2. Which popular sitcom character (past or present) are you most like?
I have no idea. I don't really watch many sitcoms to know where I'd fit in. Good question, though! Sorry to have such a lousy answer!

3. What kind of dreams do you have?
I rarely remember my dreams. Usually they're odd, occur in random places, and are frequently with people I've never met.

4. Bugger it. Go get a tattoo and come back. Right, now answer me this, what ees eet?
Sorry, not gonna happen. I don't do tattoos. OK, OK, hypothetically, if I did, it would probably be a butterfly.

5. Do you think you could be on American Idol with the singing voice you have now without any voice training?
Well, anyone can be on American Idol--the question is could I make it to the top contestants' round (I don't watch it enough to remember how many are selected--actually, I really don't watch it at all... shocking, I know) OK, anyway, yes, I think there's a chance I could do it if I worked hard. I actually have had some voice training, though it was classical...

6. How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck? If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A lot.

7. If you were a tree in a Dr. Seuss book, what would you look like?
Hilarious question. I'd have a green trunk with pink and lavender feathery branches, I think.

8. Twilight? I'm addicted/Who cares/What the hell is Twilight?
How about I really liked it. Can't say that I'm addicted, but yes, I devoured the books, and then I moved on.

9. Do you think Kimber and Berleen do a dube while writing these questions?
huh?

10. What the worst injury you've ever had?
Um, a really badly twisted ankle on a couple of different occasions.

11. What is your favorite dessert?
Anything with quality chocolate. My mom makes a great dessert called choco-mint freeze, which I love.

12. What do you prefer...beach or mountains?
Mountains, hands down. I've never really been to the beach other than to walk along it a little bit. I burn too easily.

13. What movie have you seen that still make you cry?
There are a few. Anne of Avonlea will do it every time when Anne goes to see Gilbert when he's really sick. I know there are others, but I can't recall them at the moment.

14. Why are you making me submit a question? Are you too lazy to think of one yourself?
I'm not making anyone do anything... You don't see me holding a gun to your head, do you?

15. how often do you do laundry?
Ugh, too often. At least 3 loads just about every weekend, sometimes as many as 6. And it's just me and my husband--no kids! Where do all the clothes come from???

16. What is your favorite movie of all time, and why?
Oh gosh, I honestly don't know. I've always loved Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea but there are so many others I really like, too. Don't make me pick!

17. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, would you keep working?
Yes, but I'd work a different job. Since hopefully I wouldn't have to worry about money, I could do whatever I wanted without worrying about the salary.

18. If there was a war of the gummies, would you be on the gummi bear side or the gummi worm side?
The bears of course! The worms haven't had a TV show made about them.

19. What's your favorite comic strip?
Luann... I still get it via email and have for years.

20. Close your eyes… imagine you are in the perfect room/place… describe it.
In the mountains on a permanent vacation with every amenity I could possibly want.

5 comments:

  1. :) Cute.. And I have two tattoos from my rebellious days... and I wish someone ATTEMPTED to talk me out of it. UGH. At least they are not very conspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for the Anne movies too! I cry during Anne of Avonlea when she turns Gilbert down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa.

    I really enjoy your blog. Because you make me smile, I’m giving you a Lemonade Award. The details are on my blog.

    I can’t remember whether I’ve ever actually commented on your blog before. I’m really bad at commenting. I promise to comment in future, though, and not just lurk in the background.

    Caty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Anne of Green Gables films - hubby bought all three of them. They are definitely my favourite.
    Washing - just you wait till you do have children. Your washing machine will be on permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay go gummi bears!

    And I like Luann too I just couldn't think of the name of the strip but it always makes me laugh =)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)