Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sharin' The Love

Well, my friends, it's that time again. I've had several lovely bloggers give me some awards over the last few weeks, but I've been remiss in acknowledging them on my blog and giving them back out. Bad Melissa! So here we go!

Bookfriends AwardThank you to Alaine from Alaine's Reading Blog, for giving me the Bookfriends Award! I'd like to pass this along to five bloggers that I'm happy to have become book buddies with:

Mishel @ Mis(h)takes
Viv @ Serendipity
Kristina @ Kristina's Favorites
Dar @ Peeking Between the Pages
Ruth @ Bookish Ruth

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lemonade AwardAnother thank you goes out to Missy of Missy's Book Nook. She kindly gave me the Lemonade Award. I wouldn't mind a glass of lemonade right now, actually... But I digress. Here are the rules:

1) Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
3) Link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5) Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.

Well, I have quite a few awards to hand out today so I am only going to pass this along to five bloggers... And as I'll be sure to leave comments when I'm back from Callaway, since this is an automated post :-)

So here are my nominees:

Amy @ My Friend Amy
Icedream @ Reading in Appalachia
Wendy @ Wendy's Minding Spot
Amanda @ The Zen Leaf
Alexa @ Not enough bookshelves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Enchanted Blog awardIsn't this award cute? Thank you to Marie of The Burton Review for the Enchanted Blog award!

The only requirement for this award is that you shared it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don't incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift.)

Hmmm, they sound a bit like those now-infamous zombie chickens... Well, we can't have any angry fairies around here, especially since I've recently discovered an affinity for them in my reading. So here are my five nominees for this award:

Jo @ Ink and Paper
Jessica Marie @ Books Love Jessica Marie
Ashley @ Ashley's Library
Tina @ Books Are Life
Ruth @ Buzz 'Bout Books & More

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kreativ Blogger awardThank you to both Jo at Ink and Paper and The GreenBeanTeenQueen for the Kreativ Blogger award. I'm a big fan of it--perhaps because I love the colors pink and green :-)

Rules:
* Post 7 things you love
* Give award to 7 other bloggers who are creative.

Here are seven things I love:
My husband, my mother, my father, the mountains, vacations, our house, chocolate.

I am awarding:
Kelsey @ Just Blinded Book Reviews
Vania @ Reverie Book Reviews
The Book Faery Reviews
KB @ The Brain Lair
Marie @ The Burton Review
Kailana @ The Written World
Wendi @ Wendi's Book Corner

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lovely Blog AwardI have received the Lovely Blog award again; this time from Willowe at Readings of a Teenage Tree. Thank you, my friend! I think I've handed this out to about 30 or 40 blogs lately, so I am totally copping out--for the first time ever with a blog award. More than anything I just wanted to acknowledge Willowe for kindly bestowing this award upon my blog. So, if you're reading this, you are a relatively new blogger (say 3 months or younger), and you haven't received this award, consider yourself nominated!

And again, as I mentioned earlier, I'll drop by all the winners' blogs and let them know when we're back from our trip. Congrats to you all, and everyone be sure to check out all these fabulous blogs--both the blogs I awarded AND the blogs who so kindly awarded me.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you Melissa - I enjoy being your book buddy too. I am absolutely rubbish at passing these on. I have really good intentions and then forget all about them. I really appreciate getting them and I love to come and chat on your site as I learn so much.
    Hope you are having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A lot of awards that are very well deserved and also quite awesome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your fabulous awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, congrats on all your awards Melissa-you totally deserve them all. Thanks so much for the Bookfriends award. I feel the same. I'm so happy to be book buddies with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Melisssa - Each and every one is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much!! I hope you and hubby had a wonderful anniversary =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOH!! thanks Mel!!! This means so much to me really!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your awards, they are well deserved and I am really happy you received One Beautiful Blog award because your blog is very lovely. Thank you so much for the Lemonade Award, I appreciate it very much. It is my first award. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award Melissa! And thank you for passing it along to me. :) I'm still working on getting awards posted, but I'll have it up soon - I promise!

    :) Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  11. The awards you received are definitely well deserved! Thank you so much for giving me one of the awards! I appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the Enchanted Blog award! It's so cute! Really lovely, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are sweet, Melissa.. thanks so much. You run a great ship here and I enjoy visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa, thank you so much! I'm so happy to have gotten to know you through your blog and I'm looking forward to getting to know you even better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melissa,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the Kreative Bloggers Award! I really appreciate your shout out!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)