Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Finds (03.13.09)

FridayFindsHappy Friday the 13th! I'm not a particularly superstitious person, myself, but I enjoy it when Friday the 13th comes around every so often, and it's not too often that you get it two months in a row! I'm still sitting here on my couch, a pathetic picture to behold--seriously, I just about look like the bug from my "Out Sick" post the other day. I've got three of my coziest blankets around me, a box of tissues within reach, along with our laptop and a couple of books to read. I've been sick as a dog since Wednesday and it just won't seem to let up for some reason. Of course, this couch-time has allowed for lots of reading, and by the end of the day I'll have three reviews that I need to complete! But right now, all I can muster is a Friday Finds posting.

Maidenstone Lighthouse cover First off, we have my current read, The Maidenstone Lighthouse by Sally Smith O'Rourke. I happened across this book earlier in the week while browsing the selection at BJ's Wholesale and decided to give it a shot after reading the dust jacket. It's actually a pretty engrossing ghost story/mystery of sorts and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Blackbringer cover
My other pick this week is Blackbringer, the first book of the Dreamdark series, which I had never heard of until reading about it at Charlotte's Library. It sounds pretty interesting, so I might have to pick up the paperback edition once it's out (tomorrow, I think).

That's pretty much it for my finds this week... At least I'm finally getting some time to make a dent in my TBR pile, albeit a very small dent. :-/ Happy Friday, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that there were 2 Friday the 13ths in a row this year too! And the cover for Blackbringer is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Steph Su. I really love the cover for Blackbringer, so much in fact that I'll see what it's about and see if I'll like it (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you like it, Melissa! But sadly the paperback isn't out till May 14.

    I agree, the cover is gorgeous. The artist is the author's husband, which I think is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Maidenstone Lighthouse sounds really good. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I love the cover on the Dreamdark book.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)