Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekly Geeks: A Quote A Day - Georgette Heyer #3

WeeklyGeeksButton

Another of my favorite Heyer romances is These Old Shades. It is amusing throughout, with a very touching ending--I always tear up when I read it. Here we have Leonie talking to the Duke of Avon after her unsuccessful kidnapping by Saint-Vire.

These Old Shades cover
"He is a fool, Monseigneur. He did not know even that I was pretending to be asleep."

"According to you, my infant, the world is peopled by fools. I believe you have reason."

I'm sure this is blasphemy, but I'd read Georgette Heyer over Jane Austen any day.

2 comments:

  1. Heyer over Austen, well that is blasphemy...and I will check out the book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... I hope you do get a chance to try out Heyer. The quotes I'm using this week are from my Heyer "favorites." In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of them!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)