Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Faerie Wars

TeaserTuesdays
TEASER TUESDAYS is hosted by MizB and asks you to:

~ Grab your current read.
~ Let the book fall open to a random page.
~ Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
~ You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
~ Please avoid spoilers!

Here is mine, from page 125 of Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan: 

Even without her body she felt a chill. There was something going on between her father and Black Hairstreak, negotiations that were supposed to heal the ancient rift between Faeries of the Light and Faeries of the Night.

9 comments:

  1. "Even without her body"? Now that's a real teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black hairstreak? Now, there's a name for ya!

    Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - sounds kind of sinister - what are her father and Black Hairstreak planning??

    Here's my Teaser about the lion and the lamb from Twilight! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great teaser. I'm going to go look the book up right now and see if I'd like it (= I look forward to your review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, hope she is reunited with her body soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments! I had to do a doubletake the first time I read that first sentence, myself :-) I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book, so the story's only just begun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting.
    This is my first "Teaser Tuesday" and I'm finding all kinds of interesting books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! This book has been on my radar for awhile--
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)