Monday, March 30, 2009

What Are You Reading on Mondays? (3.30.09)

WhatAreYouReading? What are you reading on Mondays is hosted by J Kaye. Thanks for hosting! This is my first time participating, too! :-)

Last week wasn't particularly productive for me (2-1/2 books read), but I plead a busy vacation as the excuse. This week I am bound and determined to get through The Host, which I stopped reading after the first chapter. I'm not sure why, it just didn't grab me that day. I've read about 3 more chapters since then and am getting into the story more. But it's a chunkster--over 600 pages! So with that in mind, here's what I hope to get through this week...

Publish or Perish by Margot Kinberg (I finished that yesterday, so a Mystery Mondays review is coming soon).

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Threshold by Bonnie Kozek (This is her debut book, published in December of last year.)

Sin and Vengeance by CJ West (West kindly sent me the e-book version of his 2005 novel, which is going to be made into a movie.)

And if I'm lucky... Uglies by Scott Westerfield (This was one of my purchases while on vacation last week. I love adding to my TBR pile!)

We'll see how I do. Hopefully work won't get in the way too much :-D

3 comments:

  1. I guess I need to checkout The Host...eventually. My list continues to grow, as does yours I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was on vacation, I probably wouldn't be reading many books. I think I'd be too tired in the evenings...lol!

    Great stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same way with The Host, but I didn't even get to the end of the first chapter. It's still sitting on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)