Monday, March 16, 2009

The Library...

So, on the one hand I feel a little embarrassed to write this post, but on the other I'm rather excited... I've lived in my current town for two years and until today, I had never set foot in our library. I know, sad, right? Well, I finally went in on a whim this afternoon to get a card and I was pleasantly surprised! The building is pretty new and looks to be a very nice facility. I took a little bit of time to walk through and explore but didn't check any books out. It seems a little small, but with a decent-sized YA section and a surprisingly large children's area that has its own separate room. If the hubby and I decide to have kidlets one day, it will be a great library for them! 

Anyway, I browsed a few sections and while the overall collection didn't seem huge, they do have one book that I never would have expected to find. I would have checked it out today but I have so many books I need to read that I decided to hold off... That book is My Lord John, by Georgette Heyer. It was her last book, which she didn't finish before her death, and it was published posthumously. Perhaps in another month or so I'll treat myself and check it out--it looks like no one's checked it out in years, so I don't imagine I'll have a problem getting it!

The second best part of all this? I can start participating in Library Loot! :-D

5 comments:

  1. I've only been to my local library a handful of times since I worked there. I buy most of my books now. Not great for my wallet but my bookshelves don't look so lonely anymore. I do want to start dropping in more frequently to browse their audiobook selection, though. I've recently fallen in love with audiobooks and would love to listen to more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Heyer yet but I'm getting some books of her soon, so it'll be fun to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library is great. I order books online and have them delivered to a branch by my work. It's rare that the book I want is actually on the shelf when I get there so I always order online. It does take a bit of planning but it saves a ton of money too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing to be embarrassed about! It's never too late. Enjoy your library! Mine is sadly on the poor side, at least when it comes to my main areas of interest, but I still use it when I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you visited your library!:) I visit mine everyday (because I work there) but I love when people come in for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)