Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: The Host (again)

TeaserTuesdays Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. You are asked to:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
4. Please avoid spoilers!


This week I feel like I'm cheating because I've already done a teaser from Stephenie Meyer's The Host once before. However, at that time I only made it through one chapter and didn't pick up the book again for weeks. So here I am reading it again (and getting much more into it now, for whatever reason) so you're left with another teaser... And I'm sorry, but it's a bit longer than what we're asked for; however, I think it's worth it!

She would have continued to argue with me, but we were interrupted. A scuffing sound, shoe against rock, echoed from somewhere back down the corridor.

I froze--every function of my body arrested but my heart, and even that faltered jaggedly--and listened. I didn't have long to hope that I'd just imagined the sound. Within seconds, I could hear more quiet footsteps coming this way.

From The Host, page 271.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone can complain of having too many teasers from Twilight! I haven't read the books or seen the movie, but so far anything teaser/quotes that I've seen piques my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen mostly favorable review of The Host. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, you can never have too many teasers from this book. It's huge and I really enjoyed the writing. I can't wait till you finish it and see what you thought (=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Host - I hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm now about a dozen chapters into the book and I'm totally hooked. Dying to know what happens. And yet I'm not reading it at the moment =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cheat all the time :) Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of her books, but that's a nice teaser.

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)