Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Salon (1)

The Sunday Salon.comWelcome to my first-ever Sunday Salon post! I almost feel as if I shouldn't even be participating, but I've felt horribly guilty for neglecting my blog this weekend. Normally, I seem to end up reading blogs more than usual on the weekends, but not this time around. In all honesty, it just hasn't been a great weekend for me on a personal level--stress because of work stuff (why can't this blog just be my full-time job?!), other stuff that's got me grumbling, and visiting my dear grandfather who probably will not be with us much longer has just really taken its toll this weekend. Surprisingly, I did get through a book (from start to finish!) today--one that I'll review tomorrow for my "Mystery Mondays," Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark. No teasers about it, though--you'll just have to check in and read my thoughts tomorrow!

February was a bit of a light reading month for me (only 5 books, I'm not counting about 4 re-reads), but I'm really hoping to step it up in March, given that I must have about a dozen books in my "Unread" stack, a few I want to re-read, and a Wish List that's gotten so long (for me) that I almost can't believe it myself! I should actually have at least three books arriving in the mail this week--two from authors who kindly asked me to review their titles in my blog (given that I'm still pretty new to this, I have to admit a bit of giddy excitement over those requests) and another that I won on an author's blog. But I should save these to participate in my first-ever "In My Mailbox." :-)

Coming up this week, I'm hoping to read Stephenie Meyer's The Host (I left it at the office over the weekend, the horror!!), perhaps Treasure Island for the 2009 Classics Challenge, and The Return Journey, a collection of short stories by Maeve Binchy, which was kindly given to me by Sheri at A Novel Menagerie. If you haven't been over to her blog, I strongly suggest you check it out! Anywho, I'm hoping to sneak a fourth book in there, but I have a busy week ahead at the office, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to devote to reading, since many of my lunch breaks are already claimed elsewhere, along with at least one late night, ugh. But I'm getting ready to get back to some more reading as soon as I close here, so it's a start!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the shout-out! Glad that you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Sunday Salon! I see you're reading The Host, I enjoyed that book and hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)