Sunday, March 8, 2009

In My Mailbox

InMyMailbox
Well, I've been wanting to participate in this meme for awhile, but I've had nothing to share. That all changed this week, yay! But first, let me give credit where it's due and thank The Story Siren for hosting this!

I received three books in the mail this week. Two of them were from the authors, asking me to review their books, so I have to admit that was pretty exciting. I've only been book blogging since mid-February, so hearing from other authors is pretty cool stuff for me :-) The third book I actually won from another author's contest, which was equally exciting because I almost never win anything. Very sad, I know. So let's get to it!

The Triumph of Deborah cover On Monday I received The Triumph of Deborah from Eva Etzioni-Halevy. I love the cover of this book and I'm excited to explore Biblical fiction--I've never ventured into that genre! Ms. Etzioni-Halevy kindly contacted me regarding this title, and as I'd already seen several good reviews of this book, naturally I was interested in checking it out!

Rubies In The Orchard coverI believe it was Tuesday or Wednesday when Rubies in the Orchard arrived. An employee from POM Wonderful contacted me regarding this title, and you can read my review from earlier today here.

The Love We Share Without Knowing cover And towards the end of the week I received the copy of The Love We Share Without Knowing that I won from Christopher Barzak's blog. I just started it today, and while it's a departure from what I usually read, the writing is beautiful! So keep an eye out for that review, coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hiya, I see that you have some books that I have not heard of and now you have pique my interest. I love to read all kinds of books, but lately I am totally drawn to YA and paranormal romance. It is always good to branch out, so I will have to check you book choices out.

    BTW...your blog is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I have heard of any of them, which is great since I love learning about new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got The love We Share Without Knowing this week as well, though I bought it based on Nymeth's review. :) I look forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked The Triumph of Deborah and reviewed it on my site. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Triumph of Deborah is really great. I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)