Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Salon (03.29.09): Week In Review

Photobucket
Well, this week was not a particularly productive one as far as reading and reviews are concerned. As you probably know, the hubby and I were on vacation at his dad's house in Florida. On top of that, I also had a trade show over in Orlando for three days, so I didn't get as much time for reading and reviewing as I would have liked. I read 2-1/2 books and reviewed one of those so far: Club Dead by Charlaine Harris. I will be reviewing Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan later today, and hope to finish reading Publish or Perish by Margot Kinberg, as well. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I did manage to keep up with a few of the memes, as well, and particularly enjoyed completing my Thursday Thunks survey that was compiled from questions by participants of last week's post.

Photobucket
I was also thrilled to receive the Zombie Chicken Award from Mishel at mis(h)takes! Whoever came up with that award deserves an award for creating it! Please visit my post and check out the fabulous bloggers--I would overcome zombie chickens just to read their words. :-)

Other things currently ongoing... I am continuing to try to improve and market my blog. It's been a slow process this week, but I've gotten to work on it since we made it home yesterday afternoon. This week's Weekly Geeks project couldn't have been timed better for me! I have tried to be good about linking other people's reviews to my own, and now WG will help me out even more. :-) I've also been adding my site to search engines and blog directories like crazy! And I've really learned a lot in the process... A big thanks to Nymeth at Things Mean A Lot for suggesting a review index when I last blogged about my blog improvement project. I came up with a pretty little button for my left sidebar and added it to my site--the list is alphabetized by author. Eventually I'm going to add several useful link buttons like that one to my header, I just have to figure out how to do that first! :-D I'm also going to see about de-cluttering my sidebars where I can, though I think adding the link buttons to the header will take care of a lot of that for me. If anyone else reading this wants to visit my blog and offer any suggestions for ways to improve it, I'd appreciate it!

Until next Sunday, happy reading!

© Melissa Owens of Melissa's Bookshelf

6 comments:

  1. I think you did pretty well given all that you had going on. Pat yourself on the back! Have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the fact that you're working so hard on your blog. It definitely makes me want to work harder on mine! && I will when I have the time. I'm really looking forward to all your new improvements.

    Btw, you've been reading The Host for a while lol I know it's a big book. How's that going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're most welcome! I seriously love everything you've done with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read your review of Faerie Wars. Isn't the Zombie Chicken Award hilarious?

    I really like the idea of a review index. I would really like to do something like that, but I know it will be time consuming. I may save it for when I have a little more down time to spare.

    I hope you have a great week, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zombie Chicken Award! Awesome!

    Sometimes I feel sad. I've never won a blogging award. Maybe I should make up an award (Frankenstein Turkey Award?) and give it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is looking fantastic. I still have to learn how to put tabs on mine. I haven't sat myself down long enough to figure it out. I'm off to check out your review of Faerie Wars.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)