Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Thunks (03.26.09)

Thursday Thunks is hosted by StraightJacketMom. Welcome to this week's version--here's the rundown straight from their site:

We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post. Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs. Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks! Thats what all this is about afterall, isn't it? We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by THE THURSDAY THUNKERS, the color brown and the number 1.

Remember last weeks last question? Well... every question submitted is this week's Thursday Thunk!!

1. What is your favorite type of soda (if you drink soda)? Coke Zero or Fanta Zero

2. Do you believe in astrology? If so, what does your sign say about you? Nope, I always feel like I'm a mix of all the signs. (Though I do have a lot of my Capricorn tendancies.)

3. Who is John Galt? How sad, I don't know (though I feel like I should--and I'm not going to cheat and look it up.) I know a Jen Galt, though :-)

4. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night? Kiss my hubby goodnight.

5. Who's your Daddy? Lol... Felton D. Bartlett Jr, or Bart for short. A "hell of an engineer" that graduated from Georgia Tech. :-) An actual rocket scientist, believe it or not.

6. Jelly beans or Jelly Bellies? Oooh, tough decision. Jelly Beans I think.

7. What do you think about yellow car? Why car manufacturer actually made yellow cars? I hate yellow cars. They look like bananas on wheels.

8. Holding on or Letting go? Letting go. I've learned to do that more over the years and I'm slowly getting better at it.

9. What kind of underwear, if any, do you wear? Hahahaha. Panties (you have no idea how much I hate that word, but they are what they are) and a bra.

10. Who is your daddy and what does he do? OK, I'm about to snort from laughing so hard on this one--basically I already answered it in #5, though technically he's retired now. But what's so funny is that that line is part of an ongoing inside joke for me and the hubby.
11. Spring - is it here yet?? Amen to that--it's definitely in Florida!!

12. Does Google Streetview scare you? A little bit. One of these days we'll be able to watch people moving around. Stalk much?

13. What is your favorite brand of ice cream? Eating out--Bruster's. From the store--Edy's.

14. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip!!!

15. Do you ever get tired of your everyday routine? Yes, frequently. I mean, it's a routine after all...

16. What inspires you? Music, beautiful scenery, books, intelligent conversations with brilliant people, nature

17. It’s springtime-do you spend more time outdoors? Indoors, but only because I have a job that keeps me indoors. And I don't care to sleep outside...

18. When do you think Bud will let us see the DVD of him and the french twins? Who?

19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you, and why? Oh dear, this was my question... I think I'd have to go with Hawaii--isn't the "why" part obvious? The idea of perfect weather year-round is very appealing.

20. Why do you blog? Because I love to read and share my thoughts with anyone who cares to read them. I enjoy developing my site and growing as a reader and blogger. I also have a personal blog that I have used as sort of a diary, but also a way for far-away friends to keep up with me. I wish more of them had blogs of their own!!

21. What are electrolytes and why are they good for us? Aren't they something that Gatorade replenishes? They sort of keep us in balance and mentally stable, that's really about all I know...

22. Do you twitter? Why or why not? Yes, I recently gave in to that. I use it as another outlet to promote my blog and meet fellow bloggers--particularly in the book-blogging community. (Yes, I called it a community.)

23. What did you dream last night? You know, I remember that I had some vivid dreams (at the time) but darned if I can remember them now...

24. What is the strangest thing you've eaten? Escargot, I suppose.

25. What was the last picture that you took? One of the hubby and me at High Tides near Daytona Beach. It didn't turn out so great (I hate self photos) so my father-in-law took another one for us :-)

26. what is your favorite part of spring? The flowers and nice temperatures. And everything turning green again. I love that!

27. what is one thing that you did this past week that no one knows about? Now that's tough. Here's a stupid answer, though, as it's the only thing I can think of that I did by myself--I bought a bag of peanut M&M's for a snack today, but never got around to eating them. Wow... Exciting...

28. What kind of bandages do you typically have in your household? The clear kind, brand doesn't really matter.

These were great questions! I enjoyed answering them. What a great way to do Thursday Thunks. :-) And thanks to Thursday Thunks for posting on Wednesdays because it gave me the time to work on it and set it to auto-post in the morning!

© Melissa Owens of Melissa's Bookshelf

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe you resisted eating a bag of M&Ms. I wish I had your self control. Impressive blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I totally cheated and looked up John Galt. lol. Great post Melissa, I had tons of fun reading it (= I think I might join in on the fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. #20 - I agree - I wish more of my friends had blogs so I could keep up with them. Come visit my blog. I'm a book lover, too, but don't blog about that too much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about who Bud is myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I enjoyed doing this... Could be because it was so late at night I was having a little too much fun with the questions... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always makes me laugh how many people hate the word panties. It just makes me want to say it all the time. Panties, panties, panties. :)

    Good answers! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)